The Student Room Group

Structure of a Music GCSE Essay

I need to write an essay on 'Release' which is part of Area of Study 4: Fusions, and I'm not sure how to structure it or what to include in it. Please help! Thanks
It should ask you something about harmony/tonality/instrumentation etc....? Each point you make should have a different paragraph. Write a short intro and conclusion. Include a small reference point in each paragraph. In total it should be about three paras +intro+conclusion. Hope that helps, any other questions? :smile:
Original post by castielhowlter
It should ask you something about harmony/tonality/instrumentation etc....? Each point you make should have a different paragraph. Write a short intro and conclusion. Include a small reference point in each paragraph. In total it should be about three paras +intro+conclusion. Hope that helps, any other questions? :smile:

Evaluate how effectively Afro Celt Sound System exploit texture, technology and tonality in Release"

how would i go about writing this question?
Reply 3
Point, Evidence, Explain for each of the pieces to compare them. Do this for as many paragraphs as you can is what our teacher told us
Reply 4
Yep. Use PEEL, and also make sure to include locations (eg Bar numbers). You also need to link to the feeling each musical effect creates. For example a minor key may highlight the lamenting/sorrowful nature of the piece.

Quick Reply

Latest