The Student Room Group

Cambridge History Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
:confused: The Hill?! What hill? :confused:

Or Hills Road? Or am I getting the wrong end of the shopping trolley?
Reply 81
There are six of us in my year: three boys, three girls. :smile:
Reply 82
Lottie
I like Loose Women... Still don't believe Carol McGiffin and Chris Evans were married though.

Also, I think I've worked out who you are, Chiron. You're friends with Andrew, Emma, Rebecca, etc. too?

Yep, full marks!

I'm really impressed that this year's Freshers have got a group up already - we didn't have one until I started it in the late summer holidays!

We've got 11 historians - 5 female, 6 male, assuming that I've counted correctly.
tony_ron
:confused: The Hill?! What hill? :confused:

Or Hills Road? Or am I getting the wrong end of the shopping trolley?

The Only Hill in Cambridge, viz. Castle Hill. Fitz is at the top of it. I was suggesting that only Real Men can face the ardous climb. New Hall doesn't count.
Reply 84
Ahhhh right. The only time I've ever been north of Magdelene is in a car lol.
Reply 85
--
OP
That's because it's quite a trek from Homerton, your college is somewhere near Dover, yes?
Homo-town on Sea. Like Brighton. ;yes;
Reply 87
Homotown is seemingly accurate but then the numbers of everything are large here lol. Think we're about 1.5 miles from the centre. Bit further than Fitz/New Hall but closer than Girton xD
Reply 88
When is the Seeley open tomorrow?
Reply 89
usual time , 9 am
Reply 90
--
OP
Geek. :p:
I owe them like £15. They'll probably shoot me on sight if I can't pay.
Reply 92
I think the sassy french ladies at the desk probably use racks and other torturous implements rather than guns lol.
Reply 93
Hi this is pretty general but.. I have an offer for history and just wanted to know what people who take it think of it? Is the course good? And is it a ridiculous amount of work?
It's either a massive doss subject with 3 or 4 hours of work a week, or a ridiculously hardcore one with 50+. It completely depends on your own interests, motivation and temprament. No-one will hold your hand and make you do the reading or go to the lectures, hence you're going to have to be motivated.

It's fantastic and I wouldn't do anything else!
Reply 95
Im impressed with the speediness of the answer! Hmmm
so it is possible to manage the work but still have fun?
Yes. The thing is, it's very easy to have too much fun and not enough work! You just need to find the right balance, and be motivated!
Reply 97
I see. Motivation isnt exactly my strong point...
lauraaaa
Hi this is pretty general but.. I have an offer for history and just wanted to know what people who take it think of it? Is the course good? And is it a ridiculous amount of work?

At times when the pace of my January revision was slackening this year, I just looked at the Cambridge history course on the website to motivate myself. The course really does look excellent; it seems as if you can practically study anything (!) and the restrictions placed on what you can choose are fairly limited as there's so much you can do within each option. From what I gather, there are some fascinating options too. The History of Collecting option under Themes and Sources seems particularly intriguing...

lauraaaa
I see. Motivation isnt exactly my strong point...

If it's motivation you want, check out http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=8779179#post8779179 for my No-Nonsense Tips For Motivating Revision that I posted last summer! Just replace "revision" with "work" and it'll be pretty much all you need. Trust me, it works! (Plus, you were clearly motivated enough to get into Cambridge in the first place!)
Reply 99
I don't think I do enough work. I am still wondering why I prioritised going to Cindie's over finishing my essay prompty last night.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending