The Student Room Group

ICAP Telephone Interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Anyone recently have a phone interview for voice broking? Hear anything back yet wrt the AC?
Reply 61
Anyone recently had a telephone for VB? Got one coming up... questions?
Reply 62
I had the phone interview this morning. I think it went badly, I answered wrongly to a very simple maths question but managed to correct myself later on.

I don't know why, I was so nervous I just blanked. I'd prepared so hard for this, my walls are covered in notes I've been preparing over the past few days.

I'll be gutted if I don't get progressed, I kind of already know I haven't.

:frown:
Reply 63
That sucks davidkp. Posted a comment in another thread to you, did they say when you'd hear back? What maths question was it - 3/8's in decimal form?
Reply 64
Original post by wallstreetmonkey
Has anyone had any ACs at ICAP yet? If yes, please spread the word.

could you please tell me what did they ask you in the phone interview with icap?
Reply 65
anyone had recently phone interview with icap for risk
Reply 66
Ive just had my telephone interview for the accounting programme.

Well and truely stuffed up!
Reply 67
Original post by erikka
Ive just had my telephone interview for the accounting programme.

Well and truely stuffed up!

could you please tell me what did they ask you?
Reply 68
Has anyone applied to Business Services this cycle?

What questions are asked at the telephone interview stage? is it similar to the questions last year?
Reply 69
Original post by Benthetree
Has anyone applied to Business Services this cycle?

What questions are asked at the telephone interview stage? is it similar to the questions last year?

Hey Benthetree
I am gonna have it on Monday. How about you? How are you preparing it if you don;t mind share coz i have not seen many people sharing questions about this division. Good Luck
Reply 70
Original post by linwell
Hey Benthetree
I am gonna have it on Monday. How about you? How are you preparing it if you don;t mind share coz i have not seen many people sharing questions about this division. Good Luck

Hey, i am still trying to schedule my interview!! Ive been logging in constantly for the past week and it always says theres no avaliable slots :frown:
Good luck, I hope it goes well for you!
Hey has anyone applied for risk? Could you please tell me what questions they ask?
Reply 72
Original post by Benthetree
Hey, i am still trying to schedule my interview!! Ive been logging in constantly for the past week and it always says theres no avaliable slots :frown:
Good luck, I hope it goes well for you!

have you emailed hr about this problem? I remember they are holding 4 days tele interviews. 2 in Dec and 2 in Jan.

Good luck if you still not have it yet:smile:
Reply 73
To everyone in this thread who's been interviewing for 2012 positions, is this for grad or SA?
Cheers
Reply 74
I had my telephone interview today for a voice brokerage internship, the questions were as follows:

Why ICAP?
Why an internship as a voice broker?
What OTC products do we offer?
Who are our competitors?
Whats 7% of 7?
Whats 1/8 as a decimal?
Hardest thing you have done and how did you get around it?
Show an example of your networking skills.
Describe yourself in 3 words.
Who else have you applied to?

Haven't had a reply back yet so not sure whether I have advanced to the next stage or not.

Hope this helps.
Reply 75
Original post by hawkie123
I had my telephone interview today for a voice brokerage internship, the questions were as follows:

Why ICAP?
Why an internship as a voice broker?
What OTC products do we offer?
Who are our competitors?
Whats 7% of 7?
Whats 1/8 as a decimal?
Hardest thing you have done and how did you get around it?
Show an example of your networking skills.
Describe yourself in 3 words.
Who else have you applied to?

Haven't had a reply back yet so not sure whether I have advanced to the next stage or not.

Hope this helps.

Hey! How do you think the interview went? Was it fast or we're they genuinely wanting to get more of an idea of what you were like? I'm guessing these are the standard maths q's they ask! Thank goodness! Will go blank for mental maths in that situation!!! :smile:
Reply 76
Hi everyone,

I'll be having my ICAP phone interview tomorrow for the Accounting division in Singapore's office. I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me the typical questions asked. How long the interview on average? How is the interviewer?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Reply 77
has someone applied graduate finance division??
I would really appreciate if someone would give me some clues about what type of finance related questions they will ask.

Thank you
I have a telephone interview coming up for the finance placement. Can anyone shed some light on what types of interview questions they will ask?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending