The Student Room Group

JPMORGAN investment2020 asset management TRAINEESHIP 2022

Hey all, is there anyone who has done the JP Morgan Investment 2020 Traineeship Telephone Interviews to share tips on type of questions asked?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah I just did mine today. It was actually unlike every generic interview. The interviewer was amazing, we had a conversation rather than a formal interview. It started with what is asset management and why I want to join the firm. Then there were competency questions. All in all it was pretty chill and its really hard to figure out how you did in the interview especially if it felt more like conversation.
Reply 2
they also said that the number of applicants this year is extremely high so it all essentially comes down to how you compare to other candidates in terms of core competencies and values as there is no ideal candidate for the role
Original post by 787hh787
yeah I just did mine today. It was actually unlike every generic interview. The interviewer was amazing, we had a conversation rather than a formal interview. It started with what is asset management and why I want to join the firm. Then there were competency questions. All in all it was pretty chill and its really hard to figure out how you did in the interview especially if it felt more like conversation.

When did u submit your hirevue and how long did it take for you to hear back??? i've been waiting a week so far
Reply 4

Thank you for the feedback. I hope mine goes well too. I hope by competency you mean the simple tell me of a time when....type of questions. Was there any drilling on your CV since they asked us to upload them?
Reply 5
Original post by tttrrtrtrtt
When did u submit your hirevue and how long did it take for you to hear back??? i've been waiting a week so far

I submitted my HireVue on 2nd March and heard from them on 11th March on the telephone Interview
Reply 6
Original post by tttrrtrtrtt

I applied on the 1st of march and i got the hirevue within 24 hours. I got the telephone interview email after 2 weeks. The telephone interviews last date is 18 March as far as I know. I would consider emailing them and confirming the status of your application.
Reply 7
Original post by EmerRostar
Thank you for the feedback. I hope mine goes well too. I hope by competency you mean the simple tell me of a time when....type of questions. Was there any drilling on your CV since they asked us to upload them?

Yup competency is simple experience questions. I wouldnt give out too much info since I’m competing for the position too 😂😂😂 but its going to be pretty chill so if you’re stressed or anything trust me to just stay calm and be yourself.
Reply 8

Spoiler

(Original post by 787hh787)Yup competency is simple experience questions. I wouldnt give out too much info since I’m competing for the position too 😂😂😂 but its going to be pretty chill so if you’re stressed or anything trust me to just stay calm and be yourself.

:smile: :h: heheee, I see what you have done there, Lol. Wish me luck then, hopefully we can engage later for the assessment center preparation, You forgot they're looking for guys who know team work, we can start team work here, hahaaa. Anyway, talk later:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by EmerRostar
:smile: :h: heheee, I see what you have done there, Lol. Wish me luck then, hopefully we can engage later for the assessment center preparation, You forgot they're looking for guys who know team work, we can start team work here, hahaaa. Anyway, talk later:smile:

Sure😂😂😂 let me know how your interview goes and we can connect!
Reply 10
I did mine today and I honestly don’t know what to expect.
Reply 11

Let us know when you get the result for the telephone interview x
Original post by Chess18

Yet to hear back 😭 how was the format though, was it heavily technical
Original post by Chess18

How did it go for you? Mine was relaxed and straightforward. The interviewer didn’t give much away.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Ano66855
How did it go for you? Mine was relaxed and straightforward. The interviewer didn’t give much away.

So no grilling and just purely competencies ?
Original post by marlian44
So no grilling and just purely competencies ?

For me, personally, there were a mixture of questions about my CV, competencies and AM. Like somebody else mentioned on this thread, the interview almost turned into a conversation and just being yourself is the best way to approach this interview. There seemed to be a high volume of applicants that secured slots across the schedule. So good luck to everyone participating and hopefully we can advance to the final stage and connect from there.
(edited 2 years ago)
I have mine next Friday, I really don’t know what to expect. Is it something I should be prepared for or should I just relax and be casual? Also, is everyone applying for this position graduating this year?
Original post by Sa0204662502
I have mine next Friday, I really don’t know what to expect. Is it something I should be prepared for or should I just relax and be casual? Also, is everyone applying for this position graduating this year?

Yeah just relax, I've done a couple interviews recently and this has by far been the most casual - I suppose the interview is designed this way because the position is open to school leavers, student and graduates. I'd probably practice on being able to present and communicate yourself well since the layout is very conversational.
Original post by Ano66855
Yeah just relax, I've done a couple interviews recently and this has by far been the most casual - I suppose the interview is designed this way because the position is open to school leavers, student and graduates. I'd probably practice on being able to present and communicate yourself well since the layout is very conversational.

Okay thank you for the advice :smile: Not to sound a bit intrusive but are you graduating this year?
Original post by Sa0204662502
Okay thank you for the advice :smile: Not to sound a bit intrusive but are you graduating this year?

Haha that's okay, and yes i'll be graduating this year, what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending