The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

How realistic is it to get into Oxford Brookes with a BTEC?

I've recently started doing a BTEC and am wondering, how realistic are my chances of getting into an Oxford Brookes computer science course once I've finished the BTEC course.

For reference, I am doing two 90 credit courses and have done DoE Bronze, NCS, and am planning to do DoE gold. By the time my BTEC course has ended I will have easily done relevant work experience for 2 years. Should I give up on this idea or do I have a realistic chance?
Original post by Danse
I've recently started doing a BTEC and am wondering, how realistic are my chances of getting into an Oxford Brookes computer science course once I've finished the BTEC course.

For reference, I am doing two 90 credit courses and have done DoE Bronze, NCS, and am planning to do DoE gold. By the time my BTEC course has ended I will have easily done relevant work experience for 2 years. Should I give up on this idea or do I have a realistic chance?

It says

BTEC: National Diploma with a DDM profile, preferably in a science subject

That shoul be pretty achievable. You should check they will accept two 90 credit diplomas in place of an extended one. Obviously you know wjether one is sicence based, but I would imagine so.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by Danse

Hi Danse,

Thank you for getting in touch, we're glad to hear you're interested in our computer science course. Because your query is so specific, I'd encourage you to get in touch with our Admissions team for a precise answer. Give them a call or send them an email, they will be happy to look into your question.

tel: +44 (0) 1865 483040
fax: +44 (0) 1865 483983
[email protected]

Take a look at our Admissions website for further information as well https://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying-at-brookes/how-to-apply/

Regards,

Abigail J.
Reply 3
Original post by Danse

Hi,

Totally realistic. I joined a couple of years ago to study economics from a BTEC course, so no reason you'd be any different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending