The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

i got an offer for Eng lit/ Philosophy so may be in some of your classes if i end up in York!! are you going to one of the English open days in feb/march?
University of York
York
bambi&spoon
i got an offer for Eng lit/ Philosophy so may be in some of your classes if i end up in York!! are you going to one of the English open days in feb/march?

The only thing i've received from York is an email they sent in December telling me i hadn't been forgotten about; got offer through UCAS yesterday so i'm expecting some post soon.

I definitely want to go to one of the open days :smile:

is York your first choice?
I'm RIDICULOUSLY excited
probably, i quite like durham so i am a bit torn, but i'm currently doubting the likelihood of receiving an offer so it probably won't be an issue! i'm such a sucker for historical cities.
You will get a letter soonish with a slip ... the open days are jan 30th, feb 6th+27th and march 12th for the English department. woo i actually can't wait to go and nose about! i have seen the campus which is rather ugly but i love York city and the course is great so i am not too bothered. i want to suss out the other people on the course aswell! ahhhh i better get the grades ..you are so lucky to have done your exams
Actually, UCAS was more stressful second time around! I had a place at Nottingham last year but decided not to go. I'm sure your exams will go fine :smile: good luck if you have any January modules coming up!

I know what you mean about wanting to nose around-i can't wait. It's nice to talk to someone else who might be there!

My friend took me to Ikea to celebrate last night, (yes i really am that sad), and i bought lots of useless decorative stuff for my room. I really need to calm down, far too excited considering i have 8 months to wait!
miss_sparkles88
My friend took me to Ikea to celebrate last night, (yes i really am that sad), and i bought lots of useless decorative stuff for my room. I really need to calm down, far too excited considering i have 8 months to wait!

i love ikea! did you buy lots of the interesting fairy lights and other terrific swedish designed things?

and i have a module in English actually, Keats, and i must admit he isn't my favourite.
bambi&spoon
i'm such a sucker for historical cities.

Urgh you won't be when you get here.... or maybe its just the residents that get annoyed at the endless amounts of tourists heehee
bambi&spoon
i have seen the campus which is rather ugly but i love York city and the course is great so i am not too bothered. i want to suss out the other people on the course aswell!

The campus is ugly to start with, but you learn to love it! Also it is sooo good living on a campus, can't beat it! Oh and about sussing out the other people on the course, you will probably never see the people from the open day again, i know i didn't. So don't judge the uni by this :redface: They are a lot of students studying english, there really are all sorts of people here!
Reply 8
I've got an offer for York but it's the same condition as my Durham offer sooo probably won't be going. Is there an open day or anything?
Reply 9
My girlfriend is still waiting on a reply (been acknowledged though) :frown:

Hope she gets an offer at York, its her first choice. She sent her application off in November, she's terrified her only offer will be Notts! :redface:

I loves her :love:
bambi&spoon
i love ikea! did you buy lots of the interesting fairy lights and other terrific swedish designed things?

QUOTE]

oh i got neons, flower lights, star lights, a milk frother for making coffee, a purple vegetable peeler (because it's purple), and lots of other random pieces of Swedish genius.

So if you're ever walking down a corridor and see a room which appears to be glowing-that'll be me! feel free to come in for a nicely frothy coffee!
miss_sparkles88

oh i got neons, flower lights, star lights, a milk frother for making coffee, a purple vegetable peeler (because it's purple), and lots of other random pieces of Swedish genius.

So if you're ever walking down a corridor and see a room which appears to be glowing-that'll be me! feel free to come in for a nicely frothy coffee!

wow how exciting, you might just blow a fuse! i really wish i knew i was definatley going somewhere i am so scared of missing it by a few marks or something. i suppose i will just have to reapply and then go through it all again!

have you recieved any college info ect.. ?
no, not had anything from York yet
got UCAS confirmation letter thing this morning,saying my place had been confirmed.

i want some college info and stuff,i have no idea really how the whole accommodation thing works.
Reply 13
I got an offer in early December! :smile: I got a letter about the open days... are they worth going to?
liss31d
I got an offer in early December! :smile: I got a letter about the open days... are they worth going to?

i think they are worth it, i originally really wanted to go to Bristol and the pre-application open day put me off so much that i didn't waste a space! you definatley get a good feel for the place, even if you decide you deinatley never want to go there.

ahhhh i should be revising keats exam on friday oh no! i won't be going anywhere at this rate
i think i'm going to go to the open day on the 30th of this month. Anyone else planning to go?

I intend to 'lose' my Father so i can wander around and get a feel on my own.
miss_sparkles88
i think i'm going to go to the open day on the 30th of this month. Anyone else planning to go?

I intend to 'lose' my Father so i can wander around and get a feel on my own.

I am going on the 30th too! actually very excited, i ditched my mum and felt a bit bad but my boyfriend is at leeds so i might meet him after or something.

I looked at all the colleges they are basically just halls of residence rather than colleges in the oxbridge way... i want to be in a newer one i think with nice facilities
bambi&spoon
I am going on the 30th too!

Yay how exciting!

If you spot someone slowly inching away from someone who looks to be their Father,that will be me. why he feels the need to ask ridiculous questions wherever we go is beyond me.

I had a look at some of the college websites, leaning towards the newer ones myself.I know the actual english dept. is based in Langwith-reckon it makes you any better off if you go there?
Reply 18
York are the only choice who have failed to acknowledge my application! What the flux!?
TheCule
York are the only choice who have failed to acknowledge my application! What the flux!?

York never acknowledged me,i thought it was rather rude!
Yeah,no acknowledgment,and then they just gave me an offer out of the blue.

Latest

Trending

Trending