The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good!
When is everyone next working?
I can't go in tomorrow cos i'm at a Sheffield open day!
Reply 181
Good thing about the trousers... mine are the same, but bad quality, as the inside hook was underneath the white bit at the top so they were useless, so i dug it out and got my mum to sew it back on, but its not perfect.

I worked this evening for 2 hours.... now im off until next saturday 23rd and only working 12-2 then! Busiest 2 hours of the day, but its only 2!!

The active kids vouchers are back today, another thing to do!!! It would be easier if they printed the vouchers on a till receipt at the end.
Reply 182
th_26
(strange things actually talk to you when you press the zero button, seriously lol in a human voice, scared the crap out of me the first time i pressed it lol)

What do they say?! lol.... just read that bit!
Reply 183
Ughhh they really annoyed me today, I kept giving people 5's instead of 1's o well its all for a gd cause lol. The books of them this morning wudnt bloody fit in the tills either. That would be so much easier where the customer just has to cut the vouchers of their reciept to give into the schools.
Reply 184
Yeah, they probably dont as they wouldnt look professional, but who cares really?

What do they do with them all anyway once they have been redeemed?!

Its funny though.... talking scales!! :biggrin: Ours just beep!
Our just beep too!
Boring :frown:
Reply 186
haha, and they tell u when the barcode scanner glass need cleaning too,
really high tech scales hehe
Reply 187
LOL!! Ours just do nothing when they want cleaning.
Are they like the self checkouts, do they read everything?!

Anything else new on the checkouts?! Make the old ones sound even more boring haha!
Reply 188
Nah they dnt read everything thank god lol that would just soooo annoy me lol
The light just flashes when they want cleaning and it sometimes ses loads of stff when you press the zero button.
Ermm they have bigger screens, across buttons as well as up and down, they have loads of really complicated buttons under the desk to control the belts which i havent quite got the hang of yet lol (u have to press 3 at the same time or something stupid to turn them off and on and stuff), Ermm other than that i think their the same,
we have new flight tubes as well.
I went over to petrol the other day, and in our petrol station they have a touch screen :P
Reply 190
My last visit here for a week guys, so have fun at work if you are working! :P
Im going somewhere where is no sainsburys (i dont think!)

And on the tills, i always thought they should have some sort of game for when it isnt busy!
Those new tops looks ugly as hell.. it looks like they were a dark purple but are incredibly old and washed out from use.. you know the way back fades into green or browner black shades after many washes sometimes. Its just like that.

When do you think it will reach all the stores? I may have to quit before then lol
Reply 192
anyone here from south west london, working in sainsburys know if they've got any vacancies in their branch at the moment?
We are getting new tills during our refit so do you reckon we will get the fancy talking tills?
I imagine so!
Damn you :P
Reply 195
lol probably, although they only talk sometimes and its only the scales and the barcode scanner that talks :biggrin: lol
They are oipening a new sainsburys in glasgows city centre i have a feeling that that store will have all the new things like uniforms and tills.. and once its in one part of the city centre theyll probably want to get the rest of them updated too. Argh!!
Reply 197
davireland
Jhawkins I know what you mean, I used to be on checkout every shift and then I got Kiosk trained and CSD trained and now im doing my supervisor training, I really dont think I could take longer than 6 hours on a till, i much prefer either CSD or supervising.

The thing about CSD you get to know all the managers quite well and im pretty lucky cos i get on well with them, if yours is not nice, i bet its horrible when she has to come down to the desk.

We're in the same situation then! Well, I don't actually get trained to supervise I just do it. But the it is weird when managers suddenly take interest in who you/come over to talk to you and actually start to befriend you... Strange.
Yeah, I have supervised for 3 shifts now, the first one was i was there and had a number, the second i was having a go and the third i was down as training.

When I was on a checkout I had no idea how management ran the store but now i know if someone senior is not in and it is strange when managers start to befriend you, its good though because not only does it make your job easier but they will help you more if you have a problem, thats my experience anyway.
Reply 199
Back to work for me tomorrow!!!

Saw the new tills on holiday, they are much smarter than the current ones. Scanners look much easier to scan on, and the receipts are double sided... never seen them like that before!! The store i went to though were lucky to still have the old uniform though!!

Latest

Trending

Trending