The Student Room Group

Query about an online assistant role?

So we are expected to achieve with an IPH of 194 and my store. I am wondering why we always get chased around about IPH and also the manager says that she has for example; -10 or -7 hours or something and I don’t know what that means for us shoppers at Sainsbury’s. Can somebody enlighten me please if they know? Thank you.
Original post by Nimsy
So we are expected to achieve with an IPH of 194 and my store. I am wondering why we always get chased around about IPH and also the manager says that she has for example; -10 or -7 hours or something and I don’t know what that means for us shoppers at Sainsbury’s. Can somebody enlighten me please if they know? Thank you.

The reason you "always get chased around about IPH" is that Items Picked per Hour (IPH) is a measure of both your efficiency and therefore your cost-effectiveness. If you're being paid £11 per hour and picking 220 items per hour, then each pick is costing Sainsbury's 5 pence (your pay of 1100 pence ÷ 220). If a colleague is only achieving a IPH of 110, then each pick is costing Sainsbury's 10 pence - double. So they want to keep IPH high in order to keep costs low.

I can't comment on your "the manager says that she has for example; -10 or -7 hours or something", as it makes no sense to me. Perhaps it's a measure of how "behind" everything is because people aren't picking enough items per hour. So it's measuring productivity again, but in a different way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending