The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I booked off 2 days in October and they gave me my Holiday sheet to sign and it has 26th Dec marked as holiday on it as well. I know this is boxing day and the store isn't open that day, plus it falls on a Friday which is a day I work. Does this come out of my overall entitlement though? I would work if that day if the store was open.
Wannabe
There you go x kelly x

All you do is put the number of hours you want off underneath the day you want off :smile:

Ive put it in red btw

ahhh thank you, your a legend :biggrin:

Can you chose like 8 hours off and then get them to allocate you with the rest?
Reply 3982
flipshot
I booked off 2 days in October and they gave me my Holiday sheet to sign and it has 26th Dec marked as holiday on it as well. I know this is boxing day and the store isn't open that day, plus it falls on a Friday which is a day I work. Does this come out of my overall entitlement though? I would work if that day if the store was open.

Yeah i think that it does come out of your overall entitlement.
Im the same, i work on fridays and my holiday form came back as boxing day off.
At least they pay you for it though!
Reply 3983
x Kelly
ahhh thank you, your a legend :biggrin:

Can you chose like 8 hours off and then get them to allocate you with the rest?

No probs :smile:

Do you mean book some, and then book the rest at another date? if you mean that then yeah you can.
When you book your holiday and theres still some left of your entitlement that you havent booked, they give you another sheet showing you how much youve got left.
I have no letters at all, most of them are lost :s-smilie: oops shouldve kept on to them, and ive checked my payslip and it doesnt have my address (i'll check again, maybe i missed it) :smile:
Wannabe
Yeah i think that it does come out of your overall entitlement.
Im the same, i work on fridays and my holiday form came back as boxing day off.
At least they pay you for it though!

Thanks for that, just wanted to check it was correct. It took me a while to realise it was boxing day. I thought they had just given me a random day in December off.
Reply 3986
Do you not have anything at all that has your name and address on it?
bank statements?
mobile contract bill?
anything?
Reply 3987
flipshot
Thanks for that, just wanted to check it was correct. It took me a while to realise it was boxing day. I thought they had just given me a random day in December off.

Lmfao me too!! i was like why have they given me that off? Ooooh boxing day haha

I always thought we were open on boxing day! you can tell all the saddos will turn up at the door 8am sharp wanting to get in to get their pint of milk and newspaper!
flipshot

I am sooo confused by this holiday malarchy. I get how to book the holidays now :biggrin: but... im due to be working boxing day to, and the store is closed that day. I know this has already been asked but im still confused lol. Do i need to book that as my holiday or is it already booked or what? lol.
It says on a seperate piece of paper ive got that the bank holiday entitlement is included within the annual entitlement. Does this mean that i have to book any bank holis etc off?

Argh,im confused haha
I just found a college letter stating my name and address on it, will it count? talking about holidays, ive got a part holiday next week, but when i checked on the schedule it had my normal contract hours with no hours taken off....now if i ask my manager she would just tell me that i have to do the hours because we are short of staff but on my holiday sheet it says part holiday 2hrs, so do you think i should just pop in and choose which 2 hours i take off? i work 4-10pm but ill try to make it 4-8pm, can i do that with part holidays?
Reply 3990
The Boxing Day will have been booked automatically for all colleagues working that friday, i didnt book it and it turned up on my sheet!
As for bank holidays, im not too sure, you dont have to book bank holidays, but obviously if you do want to have it off then book it.
maybe that means like public holidays such as Boxing day are already booked as part of your entitlement. Im not sure :s-smilie:
Wannabe
The Boxing Day will have been booked automatically for all colleagues working that friday, i didnt book it and it turned up on my sheet!
As for bank holidays, im not too sure, you dont have to book bank holidays, but obviously if you do want to have it off then book it.
maybe that means like public holidays such as Boxing day are already booked as part of your entitlement. Im not sure :s-smilie:

So it is defo booked, even though it says on my holiday form that i am due to work 4 hours on that fri, although the store is closed :s-smilie:
Reply 3992
should be, although id ask HR when you hand in the form just to double check :smile:
do u get like some sort of confirmation after you've gave ur holiday form in...
like a letter or whatever, i can't remember what I've booked off
My store is so disorganised! There are no lockers left so I asked them where to put my bag and they said I could store it in the manager's office, which of course was locked at the end of my shift!:frown:

Also for some reason I need a supervisor number to authorise some things on the till, so when a customer decides they don't want something I can't void the item until a supervisor enters a number! I told my manager this and she said "hmm that's strange I will sort that out for you"... and she never did lol!!!:eek: Plus they said I would have a buddy who would sit behind me and help me, but on my first shift they put me by myself on the furthest till from anyone else!! Lol I sound like I love moaning but I am enjoying it really.. I scanned a butternut squash the other day and had no idea what it was.. luckily it has the code on it.. but I was like what the hell is it!!!
chrissie-36
My store is so disorganised! There are no lockers left so I asked them where to put my bag and they said I could store it in the manager's office, which of course was locked at the end of my shift!:frown:

Also for some reason I need a supervisor number to authorise some things on the till, so when a customer decides they don't want something I can't void the item until a supervisor enters a number! I told my manager this and she said "hmm that's strange I will sort that out for you"... and she never did lol!!!:eek: Plus they said I would have a buddy who would sit behind me and help me, but on my first shift they put me by myself on the furthest till from anyone else!! Lol I sound like I love moaning but I am enjoying it really.. I scanned a butternut squash the other day and had no idea what it was.. luckily it has the code on it.. but I was like what the hell is it!!!

I have the same problem lol. I don't work on tills but I work in Produce and don't really eat much Fruit && Veg so when it comes to Code Controlling I hardly know what half the stuff on the sheet is!
Yesterday it asked me for 'Kale' so I was like 'wtf' and had to go find my CTS :p:
samsam123
do u get like some sort of confirmation after you've gave ur holiday form in...
like a letter or whatever, i can't remember what I've booked off

I'm not sure but I've been told you get another Holiday form with the Holiday's you've booked marked off and a reminder of how much Holiday you're still entitled to.
chrissie-36
Also for some reason I need a supervisor number to authorise some things on the till, so when a customer decides they don't want something I can't void the item until a supervisor enters a number!

Ive seen this before, when we had people in from other stores we gave them numbers with this restriction on to prevent the amount of voids they do. You need to get someone with a log on to the computer system (a CTS or a manager) to sort it out for you, they just need to click a couple of boxes, it only takes literally 2 mins.
Reply 3998
davireland
Ive seen this before, when we had people in from other stores we gave them numbers with this restriction on to prevent the amount of voids they do. You need to get someone with a log on to the computer system (a CTS or a manager) to sort it out for you, they just need to click a couple of boxes, it only takes literally 2 mins.

It didn't do that for me - does that mean i'm trusted lol!!

8 hour shift coming up for me in about half an hour :eek:
Reply 3999
Ahh, holiday next week. Still doing 18 hours of 'overtime' though lol. I need the money :P

Latest

Trending

Trending