The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I keep getting calls to do overtime but I told them I couldnt do it because I have exams loaming. Also are you ever in you kiosk/csd area alone because you're not allowed to sell cigarettes without authorisation? sometimes many supervisors forget about that, i know where i work they do.

Also, Oh-No! did you know that CSD staff at Tesco get quite a bit more money per hour than cashiers do, I once read that over 18 CSD people get £7.10 an hour, which quite a bit more then my £6.49.
Reply 581
Tesco don't pay for any breaks though, so it balances out a bit in your overall wage.
Reply 582
Do they? I'd still rather work for sainsburys though tbh!
Im sensing some company loyalty here.. so the money doesnt matter to you? lol

Davireland, are all your store checkout assistants on grade 2 paid £6.49 per hour then? at the store I work in its £5.86 quite a difference.
Reply 584
setmefree
Im sensing some company loyalty here.. so the money doesnt matter to you? lol

Davireland, are all your store checkout assistants on grade 2 paid £6.49 per hour then? at the store I work in its £5.86 quite a difference.

Well, yes the money does matter, but... sainsburys is nearer than tesco, i prefer them as a company, but if i was offered more at tesco, and a fair bit more, and it was nearer, i would possibly accept :biggrin:
Reply 585
I like Sainsburys more than tesco, and plus dont they have to wait a year b4 they get a discount card?
Is competant pay after 6 months?
cus on our notics board it has the pay rates and it has new starter and competant
Reply 586
a year... A YEAR!!! I love my discount card :biggrin:
Tesco want to rule the country, sainsbury's aren't so big, and its better!
Yeah mines went up after 6 months at Sainsbury's.

Does anyone else get people handing them a tesco club card in Sainsbury's lol? Then there's the occasional folk on the phone in the checkout queue telling their friend 'I'm just in Morrisons at the checkouts just now, I'll be there soon..' clueless
Reply 588
setmefree
Yeah mines went up after 6 months at Sainsbury's.

Does anyone else get people handing them a tesco club card in Sainsbury's lol? Then there's the occasional folk on the phone in the checkout queue telling their friend 'I'm just in Morrisons at the checkouts just now, I'll be there soon..' clueless

Lol yeah, but its tesco with us! "Im just paying at tesco"
Also, we get given co-op cards instead of nectar too!
Odd lol!
Reply 589
o god thats annoying, and when they say 'your sainsburys arent you' when they are looking through their cards
noooooooooooo were not sainsburys, we just have the massive orange signs saying sainsburys everywhere for the sake of it, we're actually asda! but lets have your nectar card anyway
Reply 590
People also think that we will be offended if they use tesco/morrisons etc. bags for their shopping.... like i care! :biggrin: Its a bag ffs:p:
Yeah I often get customers in with a basket and once I've taken their shopping out to scan them theres a tesco bag with a bit of shopping at the bottom and they always go 'oh sorry.. that's your rival isnt it' and laugh. Im not even bothered.
Reply 592
And WHY do people ask us if they can go and get something they have forgotton at the till?
Ive always wondered that, its not like its not allowed lol
Reply 593
th_26
And WHY do people ask us if they can go and get something they have forgotton at the till?
Ive always wondered that, its not like its not allowed lol

Yeah, but its f'in anoying though! Especially when there is a queue, and they are gone for quite a while.

setmefree
Yeah I often get customers in with a basket and once I've taken their shopping out to scan them theres a tesco bag with a bit of shopping at the bottom and they always go 'oh sorry.. that's your rival isnt it' and laugh. Im not even bothered.

I know!! A BAG IS A BAG!!!! grrrr............ :biggrin:
Reply 594
Anyone seen this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dHbue_NPI4&NR=1
a movie filmed in a sainsburys
although this is just the preview
i love how the checkout girl scans on it and her reaction to the time, just how i feel on a 8 hour shift on checkouts LOL
Reply 595
th_26
Anyone seen this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dHbue_NPI4&NR=1
a movie filmed in a sainsburys
although this is just the preview
i love how the checkout girl scans on it and her reaction to the time, just how i feel on a 8 hour shift on checkouts LOL

Just watched the preview vid... have u seen the whole thing?
Reply 596
nah havent seen the whole thing, dont think its out yet, dunno tho
Reply 597
Anyone just see Justin being grilled by Jeremy Paxman on Newsnight? Was pretty funny. They had him making a report in a store as well, and it was just like one of his awful monthy briefing videos, but inflicted on the nation.
Omg if I scanned like that id be dead lmao I go really fast and have to pack everything the minute I scan it! Interesting film though might have to download it or something some time haha. And if my boss slapped me across the back of the head id be gone!
Reply 599
I was really really gutted the other night

I went into ASDA and asked where the Ice Cream was (it was a big store)

The man replied, "In the freezers" and continued with what he was doing

I was rather horrified - With my Sainsbury's training I would never do such a thing!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending