try something new today haha lol!!!
Reply 81
surreylad
You can't say that :eek: :eek:
try something new today haha lol!!!

Wash my mouth out!!!! lol
try somethinhg new today indeed lol
Jhawkins
cos we name and shame the suspected people at my place... especially since we got 60.7% on the last MCM! lol!!

Thats really nasty, you could probably guess who it was on CSD due to the other people mentioned on it and what days they work, but for certain you dont rle know. On our P8 one, I think we got something rle bad like 4/15, i saw the other people who were mentioned and they were weekday staff so i know tht definatly wasnt my mistake.

If someone is unable to answer the question then it is a much a fault of the people who trained you as well as your own fault.
Reply 83
Yeh but at least that way the person who did it can hopefully learn their lesson...

Been working today (10-3).. but now I'm not in till the 22nd :biggrin:
Reply 84
You cant get better if you dont know what your doing wrong, thats what i always say lol
Reply 85
What is MCM the abbreviation of? I know what you are referring to though. I think our recent one was about 87% or something. I had not long been working there when it appeared on the notice board. Wonder what they look for specifically in the checkout assistants when they come to them?
Reply 86
Mystery Customer something... I think

They have to make eye contact, say hello politely, ask if they need help packing, ask for a nectar card, wish them a good day and say goodbye.. etc!
Reply 87
We automatically pack everything anyway as our checkouts are tiny. Occasionally some customers do start it themselves though if they do I ask them if they want help.. so I'd have that fine. I say hello and goodbye to every customer and obviously look at them. Dont always ask for a nectar card though.. 4/5 okay? lol
Reply 88
Its a Mystery Customer Measure (Point for me :smile: haha!!)

To start with i say Hello/Hi There, then scan something, do you want help packing (if its a big shop) or do you want a bag if its a couple of items. Usually by this time they have a bag in their hand, and say no thanks i'll be fine, if i could get the blo0dy bags open.... why does everyone say that!?! I do usually ask for a nectar card, but not if its a kid/teen. Then say bye, have a nice day/evening/weekend.

I do ask for the nectar card twice sometimes, but thats just habit, they give it at the beginning, and i ask at the end.
Reply 89
I'm just miserable so I usually just say "hello" and "bye". But only if I know they aren't the MCM cos they shop regularly... and they aren't very nice!
On the Cigarette Kiosk you don't really have to speak cos they have gone before you know it!
Reply 90
My bag related questions usually consist of would you like a bag if its like just a sandwich they are buying or chewing gum or a bottle of juice as those people tend to just be about to eat/drink it and dont need one.

Sometimes I ask customers if they want bags doubled up for ones with big bottles of juice or I ask them if they want two bags if it can fit into one but might be a bit heavy..as when I dont ask some customers ask for it split into two or if I split them into two some ask if I can try and fit it all in one. So you dont know what that customer prefers without asking.

Sometimes I make little conversations if theres something that comes up worth talking about or if they start chatting themselves. Otherwise I tend not to as I dont like to force anyone to chat when they dont seem like they want to plus I dont want to force it myself as its awkward that way.
Reply 91
I had this old man come to my till today and he was talking to me, but I couldn't understand him so I just said "yehh" and nervously laughed.. and then he asked me something (don't ask what cos I didn't hear properly), and I said "yeh" and he went "really??" and I was a bit stuck cos I wasn't sure what I had just said yes to lol
Reply 92
haha yeah sometimes I get pensioners who mumble stuff and you dont know what theyre saying.. I do the same just smile and pretend I understand them.

We get a lot of weirdos sometimes actually a few weeks ago there was a big bang in our shop at about 8pm.. some guy just conced out against one of the shelves :| then I was serving customers about 5 mins later and looked up and a man is standing infront of me with a creme egg in his mouth with the wrapper on. I was like 'err do you want to buy that?' and I had to ask about 3 times until I got a clear enough answer so thank god I knew the barcode off by heart lol 50201600 typed it in instead of taking it off him and then asked for the 40 something pence and he handed me a handfull of money including fiftys, pounds, twentys.. I just gave him back some and his change and said bye and he left. Then another colleague told the supervisor that he had been putting anumber of the creme eggs in his gob so she had to take the whole box away. Was the same drugged/drunk man that crashed out earlier on in the shop lmao. Things like this are common to come across in the city centre of Glasgow at night in the shop.
Reply 93
Lol at the creme egg!!! We don't have any easter stock in yet, apart from a couple of trays of mini eggs, thats it.

The old people are hard to understand sometimes! Or the deaf ones.... you are like Hello There, 5 seconds later they say Hello Dear. You reply and they say what? pardon? lol....

I remember i had 2 little chinese girls (spoke very little english) with a few pick n mix sweets. I weighed them and they came to 26p, but the poor girls only had 18p.... I was like your going to have to take some out...... out comes a chocolate button.... no more than that! :biggrin:
Reply 94
oh I always get foreign students including chinese ones and they always come into the shop really late and buy loads of veg thats been reduced thats like 5p each and stuff lol its so funny I pack a full bag of stuff and its like less than a pound in total I think to myself this cant be right but it is. I think they must be very poor students those ones!
Reply 95
Lol!! and the 8p basics noodles...... the basics beans..... basics everything lol!
Reply 96
Yeh we always get that too... on a Friday night... some of them are right scavangers!
Reply 97
I will hold my hand up to blagging reductions of the person with the scanner!
Well.... i do like a bargain!!
Reply 98
im surprised you dont have creme eggs in and we do... we have boxes of them at every checkout and its 3 for £1. People buy the so much thats how I got to memorize the barcode for it haha its rather sad but those barcodes are always screwed up due to the shape of the egg so its easier to always type 50201600. I fancy a creme egg now actaully..
setmefree
Things like this are common to come across in the city centre of Glasgow at night

I would hate to supervise or be on CSD in a city centre branch, a little too much hassle for my liking, im not too good with confrontation (then why is he a supervisor you ask?). Im glad i work at a branch in leafy surrey.

Theres always a few wierdos everywhere, theres one guy that always comes in on saturday morning. One time i came in to work at 0745 and he was just standing by the middle exit like a statue, he didnt move a muscle when i walked past. He wears a flat cap and an anorak, and is rle fussy about his change.

What makes me laugh is when a cashier misses a reduction label and they come up to you and want the 12p back or whatever and they always say, "its not the money its the principle", im just thinking ur a liar, your just too tight to buy goods that are well within their sell buy dates. Before I started CSD, I didnt rle mind people who wanted a bargain but when you go to close the desk after the store closes and one of them wastes 5mins of your time by demanding 12p back, it makes you dislike them.

I hate the cigarette kiosk because everyone is so rude and aggressive, its worse than customer services, ive only made 2 proper mistakes in a year and both of them was on the kiosk in the same evening. The seediest customers are always at the kiosk (sorry to any smokers)

Latest

Trending

Trending