The Student Room Group
setmefree
There';s loads of examples if you search google. I think you just hand it to checkout manager, I think it's 4 weeks notice.

:eek: 4 weeks! thtas pretty long, i wanted to leave now so i could enjoy the summer.
Reply 9981
tokyorose888
:eek: 4 weeks! thtas pretty long, i wanted to leave now so i could enjoy the summer.

They can't force you to stay haha - seriously. It's probably best if you stay though on the basis of the fact that you might not get such a good reference if you ever have to ask for one!
i really don't understand the online recruitment selection when you see if they have any vacancies..do you have to go through each type of role to find a vacancy or if you leave it blank does it look up them all? If i want only a 12hour ish contract what would be the salary range i select? i'm a bit confused, if anyone could help i'd be grateful :smile:
TwirlGirl
i really don't understand the online recruitment selection when you see if they have any vacancies..do you have to go through each type of role to find a vacancy or if you leave it blank does it look up them all? If i want only a 12hour ish contract what would be the salary range i select? i'm a bit confused, if anyone could help i'd be grateful :smile:

Just fill in the First Box as Instore Roles then complete the boxes for the area you wish to work in and leave the other blank. Then click search and it will bring up all the vacancies in the stores in that area if there are any.
Reply 9984
Lukely
I'll be going the same way... when I have a new job to go to. It's not a case of if, I WILL find something if it kills me. Such a ******* "miserable make you feel like *****" weekend there tbh.

I'm just real hacked off with Sainsbury's right now. I don't know why people subject themselves to a job where on teh whole customers just view you as dirt and whatever, the policies suck arse and so does the staff treatment in general full-stop. They don't even think to inform people about changes and stuff to policy, all of a sudden they just happen and then if you make those mistakes you get busted in for them.

I know this comes and goes in spells for me but uncertainty is only resolved upon termination of my career with Sainsbury's after securing something more prosperous elsewhere I know nothing better to assume than that.

Thats exactly what i was going to write.

sainsburys = prickssssssssssss
lotsofsnails
:rofl: So it was 06:59, I was standing in front of the clocking in machine waiting for it to change to 07:00 so i could clock out, and there was a security check, and the 'fresh foods team leader' was there. And he says to me "you shouldn't be standing around here waiting to clock out, you could've worked that extra minute! :mad:" and i was like 'ok...' and the security guard sort of smirked, and he looked at him and said 'what? :hmmm:' and he was like 'nothing :awesome:'
:rofl2:

Does it matter very much if you clock out a minute early? I usually end up clocking out about 5-10 minutes late as they're always late taking me off the checkouts but yesterday I think I clocked out 2 minutes early. The checkout manager at my store who is a real cow is away on holiday and I always get off on time or get the closing signed put up for me a couple of minutes early (without even asking!).
BeesKnees
Does it matter very much if you clock out a minute early? I usually end up clocking out about 5-10 minutes late as they're always late taking me off the checkouts but yesterday I think I clocked out 2 minutes early. The checkout manager at my store who is a real cow is away on holiday and I always get off on time or get the closing signed put up for me a couple of minutes early (without even asking!).

It depends who does the DAS the next day - if they're really picky technically they could short time you 15 minutes for clocking out early, but most people wouldn't just ignore that. Clocking in and out is just to watch your timekeeping - it doesn't pay you automatically as someone has to manually authorise your payment.
once again.....someone else has gotten the interview over me..... once again *sniffles*
XCRUSHESX
once again.....someone else has gotten the interview over me..... once again *sniffles*

which sainsburys did you apply to?

Hopefully you'll get it next time :hugs:
Sociallyanxious
which sainsburys did you apply to?

Hopefully you'll get it next time :hugs:

Finchley Road for General Assistant,got the same score as another person but they applied before me.... I seriously feel drained 3rd time this has happened......hmmm :frown:
When is the next pay day?
XCRUSHESX
Finchley Road for General Assistant,got the same score as another person but they applied before me.... I seriously feel drained 3rd time this has happened......hmmm :frown:

OK I know where that is. That sucks if it was just a time difference between you a bit unfair imo.

I just got an e-mail saying I didn't make it through...sucks :sad: .

I really don't like those questions as more then on can be the best answer for certain situations:s-smilie:
Sociallyanxious
OK I know where that is. That sucks if it was just a time difference between you a bit unfair imo.

I just got an e-mail saying I didn't make it through...sucks :sad: .

I really don't like those questions as more then on can be the best answer for certain situations:s-smilie:

Ahh I know it is so hard to answer those questions but I am going to keep on trying, you should too :smile:
XCRUSHESX
Ahh I know it is so hard to answer those questions but I am going to keep on trying, you should too :smile:

eh I will hopefully one of us eventually gets it :biggrin: do you have to wait a certain amount of time before reapplying? also can you reapply again to the same store?
Sociallyanxious
eh I will hopefully one of us eventually gets it :biggrin: do you have to wait a certain amount of time before reapplying? also can you reapply again to the same store?

Use various email addresses :smile: (but you didn't hear it from me lolz) and I think as long as you use a different email address you can reapply everywhere...I think ..:s-smilie: :p:
XCRUSHESX
Use various email addresses :smile: (but you didn't hear it from me lolz) and I think as long as you use a different email address you can reapply everywhere...I think ..:s-smilie: :p:

lol oh right is that what you did? if it is I guess you can as they didn't say anything :biggrin:

will they let you if you use the same e-mail?
Sociallyanxious
lol oh right is that what you did? if it is I guess you can as they didn't say anything :biggrin:

will they let you if you use the same e-mail?

I am not too sure, sometimes when I apply using the same email add after being online rejected they said I can't do it, but I think it depends on the position you applied for...:smile: But I am not too sure
XCRUSHESX
I am not too sure, sometimes when I apply using the same email add after being online rejected they said I can't do it, but I think it depends on the position you applied for...:smile: But I am not too sure

eh I'll try later today and see what happens:rolleyes:

applied to about 20 jobs in the past few months and have experience with work and still haven't been successfull or haven't heard back :dry:. Sainsburrys might be my only chance :p:
Sociallyanxious
eh I'll try later today and see what happens:rolleyes:

applied to about 20 jobs in the past few months and have experience with work and still haven't been successfull or haven't heard back :dry:. Sainsburrys might be my only chance :p:

In exactly the same position! I got a gap year coming up so I really need a job and I hope Sainsburys will be the one :p:
XCRUSHESX
In exactly the same position! I got a gap year coming up so I really need a job and I hope Sainsburys will be the one :p:

where else have you applied to?

Latest

Trending

Trending