The Student Room Group
Sociallyanxious
where else have you applied to?

Boots, John Lewis and Waitrose *sighs* but I really just loved working at Sainsburys before, so I got my sights set on that...hmmm :p:
XCRUSHESX
Boots, John Lewis and Waitrose *sighs* but I really just loved working at Sainsburys before, so I got my sights set on that...hmmm :p:

I applied to boots they haven't gotten back to be though :sad: although I applied last week.

:sigh: why does it have to be so hard to get a job
Enid Coleslaw
When is the next pay day?

10 days time - August 14th.
XCRUSHESX
once again.....someone else has gotten the interview over me..... once again *sniffles*

I'm sorry to hear that :frown:

I'm still rather confused, you mention that someone has gotten an interview over you. Are you telling me you passed the online test and didn't get an interview? Or you just didn't get the interview?

If you didn't get the interview (as in a decline), then I could only assume you aren't passing the online questionnaire.

If you get the 'passed the first stage' and then aren't able to get an interview, then you should take that up with your store and/or HRSS. You SHOULD be getting an interview if you passed the online test.
Sociallyanxious
I applied to boots they haven't gotten back to be though :sad: although I applied last week.

:sigh: why does it have to be so hard to get a job

I wouldn't say it's 'hard-hard'. I think the problem most people are having, is actually getting to an interview stage.

I'm sure once people have got an interview, you can express yourself a little better and then you can do the nitty-gritty (ass licking) to get the job. I can only assume it would be frustrating being rejected on the basis of an online questionnaire. :frown:
WhereIsMyMind
I'm sorry to hear that :frown:

I'm still rather confused, you mention that someone has gotten an interview over you. Are you telling me you passed the online test and didn't get an interview? Or you just didn't get the interview?

If you didn't get the interview (as in a decline), then I could only assume you aren't passing the online questionnaire.

If you get the 'passed the first stage' and then aren't able to get an interview, then you should take that up with your store and/or HRSS. You SHOULD be getting an interview if you passed the online test.

I passed the first stage, but the same situation occurred, the computer/system let in too much people... 2 people have the interview and I had the same score as one of the people who got the interview, and they got the interview because they applied before me...

The woman at HRSS explained how they cannot interview too much people or something....which was their explanation for me not instantly getting one...:frown: only if they knew how many times I've gone through this *sigh*
WhereIsMyMind
I wouldn't say it's 'hard-hard'. I think the problem most people are having, is actually getting to an interview stage.

I'm sure once people have got an interview, you can express yourself a little better and then you can do the nitty-gritty (ass licking) to get the job. I can only assume it would be frustrating being rejected on the basis of an online questionnaire. :frown:

yeah I think it's mainly the online questionnaires especially when the online questionnaires have answers that could be the right answer as well as another one listed :grumble: I did get a job without doing an online questionnaire and just an interview so :dontknow: but had to leave as the hours were horrible.

hopefully I get a job somewhere...I'm desperate but quite a few in my area you need to be 18 :sad:
XCRUSHESX
I passed the first stage, but the same situation occurred, the computer/system let in too much people... 2 people have the interview and I had the same score as one of the people who got the interview, and they got the interview because they applied before me...

The woman at HRSS explained how they cannot interview too much people or something....which was their explanation for me not instantly getting one...:frown: only if they knew how many times I've gone through this *sigh*

She is right. In most cases, they can interview more. But it depends on the stores diary. So many will only accept two interviewees and will accept a couple more on the basis those interviewed were really poor.

Unlike before, where you only had ~2/3 applications per position - your chances of getting an interview were really high; as having worked at Sainsbury's before, you would have had a little more knowledge on what to answer. However, there are now on average ~5 applications per position.

This is one of the reasons I'm against the online application. We have had several ex-employees (seasonals) calling about coming back for the holidays. These would be perfect to cover the summer etc, as they're already trained. But they too have to go via the online system, and it's not a matter of how you perform on the test (as you found out), but how quickly you get to the position once it's added.
WhereIsMyMind
She is right. In most cases, they can interview more. But it depends on the stores diary. So many will only accept two interviewees and will accept a couple more on the basis those interviewed were really poor.

Unlike before, where you only had ~2/3 applications per position - your chances of getting an interview were really high; as having worked at Sainsbury's before, you would have had a little more knowledge on what to answer. However, there are now on average ~5 applications per position.

This is one of the reasons I'm against the online application. We have had several ex-employees (seasonals) calling about coming back for the holidays. These would be perfect to cover the summer etc, as they're already trained. But they too have to go via the online system, and it's not a matter of how you perform on the test (as you found out), but how quickly you get to the position once it's added.

It is annoying, but there is nothing I can do...=[
Just had the interview - only two stages really: A very scripted one to one interview where I had to answer TWO questions (they are usual interview questions) and then say yes to about 20 statements. No availability matrix but she did ask for uniform sizes.

And then a DVD test that comprised several sections including a VERY basic numeracy test (only one question posed any difficulty).

Hope I get the job!
Longorefisher
Just had the interview - only two stages really: A very scripted one to one interview where I had to answer TWO questions (they are usual interview questions) and then say yes to about 20 statements. No availability matrix but she did ask for uniform sizes.

And then a DVD test that comprised several sections including a VERY basic numeracy test (only one question posed any difficulty).

Hope I get the job!

Best of luck :smile:!!
Longorefisher

Hope I get the job!

Good Luck Bud :smile:
One question......How much does sainsburys pay for admin staff???????
ramnaresh_2000
One question......How much does sainsburys pay for admin staff???????

It's the same as non-admin staff. So you'll be on the same wage as someone on checkouts etc.
WhereIsMyMind
It's the same as non-admin staff. So you'll be on the same wage as someone on checkouts etc.

****..........lol thanks for the reply mate.......I do 33 hours on checkouts and my manager offered 24 hours on admin job......He said if accept this job i cant work anywhere on the shopfloor because of the confidentiality :frown:
ramnaresh_2000
****..........lol thanks for the reply mate.......I do 33 hours on checkouts and my manager offered 24 hours on admin job......He said if accept this job i cant work anywhere on the shopfloor because of the confidentiality :frown:

I would go for the admin position. :smile: I'm sure you'll like it. If I recall, you were after something in admin weren't you?

I'm not so sure about the confidentiality clause. I'm in (or should I say 'was' now?) HR and I had access to a lot more confidential material, and I was still allowed on shopfloor. I was regularly asked to cover breaks on the CSD.
No I was never after admin........I just got lucky coz someone wants to leave the job.........2 months back career surgeries and i expressed my interest to work in HR dept....now the lady is leaving.... so my HR offered this job to me coz I could get some exposure.......But yeah I already said that I will take the job......coz I am sick of checkouts....atleast I can have a loo break when I wanted lol.........Are you in Admin? How is it there? What do we need to do actually????? Soo excited......Schedule will be decided on saturday :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
ramnaresh_2000
No I was never after admin........I just got lucky coz someone wants to leave the job.........2 months back career surgeries and i expressed my interest to work in HR dept....now the lady is leaving.... so my HR offered this job to me coz I could get some exposure.......But yeah I already said that I will take the job......coz I am sick of checkouts....atleast I can have a loo break when I wanted lol.........Are you in Admin? How is it there? What do we need to do actually????? Soo excited......Schedule will be decided on saturday :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

It depends what 'admin', you are in. Are you HR admin or General admin?

If you're in General, then you'll be based in/within the General Office. So you could be doing something different everyday. In this department, you'll be reporting directly to the Operations Manager (or the Duty if you don't have one). It will be more clerical, with the odd filing etc.

If you're in HR, then you'll be assisting with recruitment (paper work with interviews, job offers). It's perhaps the best department within the Administrative side. You'll be reporting to the PTM (HR Manager), and you're pretty much left to it. The store managers etc don't tend to get involved too much. It's a nice cushy department, as you know what needs doing before the start of a shift and you work your way through it (unlike General Admin, as you never know what needs doing until you get there).
i guess im general admin coz my manager said i need to do clerical work.......well doesnt matter........better than the present job...... :d thanks 4 the info mate
ramnaresh_2000
i guess im general admin coz my manager said i need to do clerical work.......well doesnt matter........better than the present job......:d

I reckon anything is better than checkouts! :smile:

It's still a lot more relaxed than anything on shopfloor, plus, you won't always be in the General Office. You'll have occasional stints on the shop floor too! Which always makes a nice change!

Latest

Trending

Trending