The Student Room Group
XCRUSHESX
Best of luck :smile:!!

WhereIsMyMind
Good Luck Bud :smile:

Thanks for the sentiments guys. Hopefully I will get this one (else you're probably gonna find me moping online in a few days time hehe).

Quick question WhereIsMyMind but do they interview all applicants for the same position together? I was scheduled to interview at a paticular time yet when I went to the DVD room there were two applicants there who had already taken the test. Do you think they would be applying for the same role or a different one (I was just wondering as you mentioned that 2 person interview system and there were other jobs available)
Longorefisher
Thanks for the sentiments guys. Hopefully I will get this one (else you're probably gonna find me moping online in a few days time hehe).

Quick question WhereIsMyMind but do they interview all applicants for the same position together? I was scheduled to interview at a paticular time yet when I went to the DVD room there were two applicants there who had already taken the test. Do you think they would be applying for the same role or a different one (I was just wondering as you mentioned that 2 person interview system and there were other jobs available)

(sorry even though the question was to WhereIsMyMind) but it probably wasn't for the same role, when I had an interview, another person who applied for Code Controller (I applied for Checkout Assistant) they completed the DVD at the same time as me :smile:
XCRUSHESX
(sorry even though the question was to WhereIsMyMind) but it probably wasn't for the same role, when I had an interview, another person who applied for Code Controller (I applied for Checkout Assistant) they completed the DVD at the same time as me :smile:

Ah ok :smile: Thanks for the answer there, was just curious.
Reply 10023
WhereIsMyMind
I reckon anything is better than checkouts! :smile:

It's still a lot more relaxed than anything on shopfloor, plus, you won't always be in the General Office. You'll have occasional stints on the shop floor too! Which always makes a nice change!

Anything is better than checkouts :eek3:

I hate checkouts so much, and i love it when I do a trolley guys break, its tooooooo good.:woo: :woo: :woo:
ive just got an interview for another job and im actually a bit scared.

Im scared that i'll be leaving a place where im so used to, although i hate the sainsburys job itself it just feels like second nature to me and im scared of changing jobs. What if its worse? im planning to hand in my resignation now but im still having doubts even though i hate going work.
tokyorose888

Im scared that i'll be leaving a place where im so used to, although i hate the sainsburys job itself it just feels like second nature to me and im scared of changing jobs. What if its worse? im planning to hand in my resignation now but im still having doubts even though i hate going work.

I know what you mean.

Sainsbury's was my first proper paid job. Everything I've learnt, it's been through Sainsbury's.

When I accepted the job at Orange, I felt bad. It wasn't only because I was leaving people that I've made good friends with (and can't see outside of work due to where we live), but more so because I've got so comfortable at Sainsbury's. I know the procedures, I know who's-who etc.

When I start at Orange, I'll start at the bottom; as the 'new boy'. I'll have to built up friendships etc - I guess it'll be slightly easier this time, but still.

I'm not regretting leaving though. Sometimes you need to do what's best for you. It's when you get attached (like I have), it becomes hard to leave, and you start thinking like you owe them something!

Btw, wouldn't it be better to hand in your resignation once you've got a job offer? If you don't end up getting it, you'll be stuck?
What's the other job you got an interview for? The same reason is why I'm not sure whether to leave. I wanted to leave and not work for what should be my last year of uni but I have a feeling I'll wish I had stayed on because it probably does stop you from overdoing it on studying and keeps the money coming in, plus I'd miss some people and probably wouldn't see them again. I know I could find another job if I need to but it wouldn't be the same. I was going to hand my notice in this month so I'd be done with Sainsbury's for going back to uni but I'm going to wait until uni starts and see how the uni timetable fits and how much work it is. I might try and stay until at least just before Christmas then I can be work free for exams in January. Everyone needs more money at Christmas time anyway!
Reply 10027
BSJ
Anything is better than checkouts :eek3:

I hate checkouts so much, and i love it when I do a trolley guys break, its tooooooo good.:woo: :woo: :woo:

We have an external company come in to collect our trolleys :P
Reply 10028
tokyorose888

Wait until you get a job offer before you hand in your resignation notice, otherwise you could end up jobless.
This is aweful.........One of the colleagues resigned. He used to work in the produce and sometimes does overtime in checkouts. One day he was doing overtime in checkouts...it was a loong 12 hour shift. Some lazy customers forgot their nectar cards. Actually 5 customers forgot their nectar card on his till. On his wasy to home he collected the nectar cards and gave them back to team leader and one of the nectar card was inside his pocket. Nextday he got a call to come to the store. The managers assistant and his team leader took him inside and said the customer complained regarding his nectar card and they know he took it. They also said it contained 20 pounds in it and abused him that he might have used them. He was on probabtion period......the bitch said " If you do these kinda things in probation period , I dont know what you gonna do in the future. You are trying to steal the customers nectar points?" He was like WTF? They said he cant do any overtime from now on..... He will have to do only his contracted hours which is 12 hours per week. The guy got mad and resigned on the spot........What a waste...
Reply 10030
Is anyone on the dual-store system? I'm working at Sainsburys in Ashford (Kent) and want to get a dual-store to Sainsburys in Canterbury (also Kent) I applied for it in the week but have yet to hear a answer from my store.

I work on the online department as a GA and do so much overtime on checkouts. I'm contracted 14 hours a week and have done 120 hours overtime on checkouts this month so far (the months wages, not actual month :P)
ramnaresh_2000
This is aweful.........One of the colleagues resigned. He used to work in the produce and sometimes does overtime in checkouts. One day he was doing overtime in checkouts...it was a loong 12 hour shift. Some lazy customers forgot their nectar cards. Actually 5 customers forgot their nectar card on his till. On his wasy to home he collected the nectar cards and gave them back to team leader and one of the nectar card was inside his pocket. Nextday he got a call to come to the store. The managers assistant and his team leader took him inside and said the customer complained regarding his nectar card and they know he took it. They also said it contained 20 pounds in it and abused him that he might have used them. He was on probabtion period......the bitch said " If you do these kinda things in probation period , I dont know what you gonna do in the future. You are trying to steal the customers nectar points?" He was like WTF? They said he cant do any overtime from now on..... He will have to do only his contracted hours which is 12 hours per week. The guy got mad and resigned on the spot........What a waste...

I completely understand what you mean, that's unfair on the colleague's part but if the Nectar card in question didn't have the name on it, they can't be sure. What he should have done is called a supervisor and asked them to take the card to the CSD. I always make sure I do that...

I never take Nectar cards. I always ask them to swipe them through the chip & PIN reader.

Shouldn't have resigned though! I'd have thought "GREAT - NO MORE CHECKOUTS!" lol :yes:
Yeah me 2...i just swipe them and make sure I give them back to the customer no matter what they are doing. But it was just his 2nd month and this is very harsh. His manager said he would give refference if he applied for any other jobs and he also said that he can apply for sainsburys jobs on other locations. Some people just need a reason to make a fuzz and make other peoples life hard. They could have just given him a discplinary or a final warning..coz they can not prove that the colleague has used the nectar points for his shopping or intended to do so.. Nevertheless its very hard to get another job during the recession time. Its just sooo unfair.
Lukely

Shouldn't have resigned though! I'd have thought "GREAT - NO MORE CHECKOUTS!" lol :yes:

They also said that store manager is off and he will be coming back on friday. If the store manager thinks that the colleague misused the nectar they might sack him. So, he resigned. He thought resignation is better than getting sacked and being abused as a theif.
And no more checkouts for me too LOL I will be working in Admin after one month hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
ramnaresh_2000
And no more checkouts for me too LOL I will be working in Admin after one month hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Lucky, lucky.
WhereIsMyMind
I know what you mean.

Sainsbury's was my first proper paid job. Everything I've learnt, it's been through Sainsbury's.

When I accepted the job at Orange, I felt bad. It wasn't only because I was leaving people that I've made good friends with (and can't see outside of work due to where we live), but more so because I've got so comfortable at Sainsbury's. I know the procedures, I know who's-who etc.

When I start at Orange, I'll start at the bottom; as the 'new boy'. I'll have to built up friendships etc - I guess it'll be slightly easier this time, but still.

I'm not regretting leaving though. Sometimes you need to do what's best for you. It's when you get attached (like I have), it becomes hard to leave, and you start thinking like you owe them something!

Btw, wouldn't it be better to hand in your resignation once you've got a job offer? If you don't end up getting it, you'll be stuck?

ive got an interview with GAP coming up and the position starts in october its pretty far(around 1 hours+ travelling) from where i live but hopefully there wont be any think 25 restrictions, so many procedures etc. so im thinking of giving my notice in now to enjoy the rest of my summer and start in october (if i get the job). If i dont, then I'll just "try" and find another one lol

Your right about being attached, but ill try not to regret it.

good luck with your new job :smile:

setmefree

What's the other job you got an interview for? The same reason is why I'm not sure whether to leave. I wanted to leave and not work for what should be my last year of uni but I have a feeling I'll wish I had stayed on because it probably does stop you from overdoing it on studying and keeps the money coming in, plus I'd miss some people and probably wouldn't see them again. I know I could find another job if I need to but it wouldn't be the same. I was going to hand my notice in this month so I'd be done with Sainsbury's for going back to uni but I'm going to wait until uni starts and see how the uni timetable fits and how much work it is. I might try and stay until at least just before Christmas then I can be work free for exams in January. Everyone needs more money at Christmas time anyway!

Ive got an interview with GAP, I wish i could try and stay on like you until christmas(the time that everyone needs money) but sainsburys is really driving me crazy. I feel that if i dont leave soon or now, then ill always keep saying it but not doing it, it does feel like a handcuff where you want to leave but you'll be missing out on the money if you do.

Im turning 18 this month so i get a pay rise from £5.50 to £6.50, that makes me seem quite stupid to leave lol.
I don't believe it - less than 22 hours after my job interview and I have a job offer!!
Longorefisher
I don't believe it - less than 22 hours after my job interview and I have a job offer!!

Congratulations! :smile:
WhereIsMyMind
Congratulations! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending