The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
When i used to work on a sunday morning at about 9, they all used to be updating themselves, which got annoying if you wanted a price enquirey, which is quite common if you work on the shop floor
Reply 1581
what... every morning?! I thought they only did it once in a while.
as sunday is the first day of the new week the new offers and prices will need to be updated before the store opens on sunday morning.
Reply 1583
It was just a little box saying that it was updating and to press a button if you wanted it to stop
and it had a progress thing as well like 50/100 completed
really annoying
Has anyone had the update come through about the green Nectar points?
yep, its starting on saturday for us.
Yep so's ours. Have u got the thing loaded into the plu group yet though - ours hasn't appeared yet, and no one seems to know when it's coming.
whats green nectar points?
You give one nectar point for every bag a customer brings back and reuses.
Reply 1589
Thats just going to get annoying, and plus it gives customers another excuse to complain
Nobody has told me about those. You know it really bugs me when we have things going on in store like make the difference days where we give out milk vouchers or whatever, or days we are collecting donations, etc and nobody bothers to tell me before they put me on a checkout. Same with when active kids started I hadnt heard of it and then I went on one day and found messages coming up. You'd think the supervisor would at least say something before they give me the till keys wouldn't take a second to mention it.
Reply 1591
Do u not get store newsletters every week?
we get checkout ones, with everything on it.
Reply 1593
We get ones that personnel make every week, their good actually with like news on staff and stuff coming up like make the difference days etc
Reply 1594
Sainsbury's going tesco style with these points!
I wasn't told about ak vouchers, but i got a badge so i put 2&2 together.
And these green points thing, i hope its easy to do, and not like on the 4th page on plu and 6th option down or something. They have spare room for a new button on the main sales screen.
Lol, lucky CSD.... all these customers who got 2 points instead of 3... omg!

And we get checkout newsletters, thats all.
That was my first thought when my manager told me about it.
No the only newsletter i have ever set my eyes on is those occasional trading updates that sometimes appear in my envelope where payslips go. I rarelyt sit and read it anyway I just scan over because im not that interested in the company as a whole. We dont get any checkout or store newsletter.
Reply 1597
I had my interview today. It only lasted 10 minutes, and we chatted (literally) about when I'm free outside of the contract hours, how I'd get there, how the training and assessment stuff is organised, something about mystery shoppers, and then went onto about what I want to do at Uni, etc. A mate of mind who had a similar interview got offered a job the next day so hopefully I'll get a phone call tomorrow morning :biggrin:
Reply 1598
Good luck, it sounds like a positive outcome. Im sure you'll get that call. Well done :biggrin:
Hey

I have an interview in a few weeks and just wondering what should I wear, I was thinking smart trousers and a shirt but not sure of a tie as its an individual interview.

Secondly I am still unsure if I am going to Uni next year or gap year so would it be better to say I am taking a gap year then if I change my mind just quit

Thanks any help would be awesome

Latest

Trending

Trending