The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lil_chinkstar
even though it wasnt my fault? i my manager keeps swithing my shifts too and doesnt pay me for it. when i tell her, he fills in the "do pay colleague" box but doesnt wipe off that "unauthorised absence" which they made a mistake on. I agree with tokyorose that sainsburys pisses its employees off. This happened to anyone else?

what store do you work at?
yes unfortuantly
Victoria58
I applied for Sainsbury's online a couple of days ago and did the questionnaire thing, thought it was pretty straight-forward. Got an e-mail the next day saying "my skills aren't suited to the role."

If I don't have the skills to work in a supermarket I'm pretty much screwed, aren't I?

Just to let you know I failed the first test thing, but I applied again for another job and passed and got an interview next week. Theres someones answers on this thread somewhere which really helped me so you could just apply again?

Good Luck!
Im glad my answers worked then :biggrin:

(they're on p46 btw)
Reply 1784
tokyorose888
what store did you apply to?

Walthamstow Sainsburys
What bonus did you lot get? Mines was £29 for doing 12 hours a week since th 25th September.. oddly theres a bonus of 3 hours holiday entitement added aswell but how on earth can I use that when I always do 4 hour shifts. Put in for a holiday for the first 3 hours? Then come in one night and work one hour? lmao doesnt make much sense.

Unfortunately out Glasgow store is getting the ugly new uniforms this month.. I've been given an order form to pick what I want but I really dont know what I'm supposed to chose because I can't see what anything looks like. In the old uniform, I'm wearing an XS polo shirt and the blue pull over v neck fleece.. but on the new order form theres only polos under the men's section so I guess I chose either 'short sleeved blouse' or 'short sleeved styled top'. I really though that blouses were only worn by people in management positions as everyone else is just in polos in our store? I wonder if the 'styled top' is actually a polo equivelant for females?

I know half of you are guys so I'll ask those of you in the new uniforms.. what do your female colleagues wear? lol Ideally I want a fleece like the blue one and just a top like the blue polo in the new uniform.
How do u know ur bonus we dont get paid until this friday?
Reply 1787
Our female colleagues wear either the blouse or the sort of polo top which i guess is called the 'styled top'. The 'styled top' isnt that nice and looks kinda strange really, the blouses are ok though, their just a light 'plum' colour.
The fleece isnt nice, i swapped it for a zip up one because it wasnt nice and it made my arms itch lol. The zip up is cool though cus it has zipped pockets and you can easily take it off and put it on.
If blouse is on the form and you fancy it, get it! If they wanted it to be only worn by management then they wudnt put it on the form. Non-management colleagues wear them at our store. Their quite nice actually :smile:
Cause I picked up my payslip tonight as I left.
So you recommend the blouse then? Is the fleece anything like the old navy one? Because I find it really warm and comfy when I shopped in another sainsburys with the new uniform they had zippers and they looked really tight and a strange material! I suppose a zipper is easier to take off and on though. I get really cold in winter so one of those body warmers without arm coverage is useless for me when its not summer!
Reply 1790
Had my till training today! Start on saturday. Only thing that seems hard is the vegtables, remembering which codes are on the side of the till and which I need to hunt through the PLU menus for! It's even harder as i've learnt veg codes before and they're all different to my old shop! rubbish!
Reply 1791
The top thing is just a polo shirt without buttons really which goes in a wierd v neck type thing. It kind of dosent look designed properly or not quite finished if you get me lmao???
But yeh the blouse is nice but if you just want a polo-ey type top then go for the 'styled' thing lol
You can tell how much help i am with these things lmao!!!
Yeah the fleexe is like the old one but just the horrible colour and the collar is wierder than the old one as well, its like a different material and a slight different colour. Yeah the zipy ones are a wierd material, all spongey lol

zooeyj- Well Done!! You'll be fine, their easy once you get the hang of it!!!
Reply 1792
We don't get our payslips until Friday.
I wonder how quick the uniform will be delivered from the time the forms are sent off, as they are slow enough when you order a replacement, so whats the whole store gonna be like?!
This month i will get a days Bank hol premium, hopefully some bonus and the normal pay.
Reply 1793
BTW.... do you get to order new trousers on with the new uniform? Are they different?
I do need some as mine are awful!
I dont wear sainsburys trousers anyway haha those ugly ployesters they gave me at the induction are long gone. I just wear my black ones and no one ever said anything!
Are you wearing the unisex pullover fleece Wannabe? The one thats like the old navy one.. I think ill probably just get that again. Haha we're all going to look so hideous! I suppose at least not having to wear a male XS polo will be a good thing they actually have a size 6 woman's tops/blouses.
Reply 1796
setmefree
I dont wear sainsburys trousers anyway haha those ugly ployesters they gave me at the induction are long gone. I just wear my black ones and no one ever said anything!

Lol they are ****! When i got mine, the catch at the top of them was inside the material!! I had to cut it out to get it! Apparently another guys was like this too!

I wear black too sometimes too, just depends what i pick up first.
setmefree has your store had a refit recently? I only ask as before they were only sending the new uniforms out to refitted stores, and if yours hasn't then other stores might be in with a chance of actually getting them as well. You know it's actually two years this month since they sent out the questionnaires about choosing colours - talk about taking their time with them.
Reply 1798
Setmefree-
Nope i have the zip up jacket/fleece that Justin seems to wear all the time in the Journal. The one with the funny material and the zip up pockets.
Reply 1799
Hey guys! I have a sainsbury's interview tomorrow, and was wondering if any of you had any hints or tips?

I'm jut going to wear black trousers and a shirt, sound ok?

Also, how long after the interview do you hear if you've got the position?

I'm going for shelf stacker/checkout assistant.

Cheers.

Latest

Trending

Trending