The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by litanietriste18
Who cares tho

I care. He's the leader of the world's most powerful country and also the western world. He shouldn't be suffering from a serious mental health disorder.
Reply 2
But slurring in a speech isn’t a reason to impeach him 🤦🏻

I'm not saying he should be impeached. What I'm saying is that slurring in speech is a possible sign of dementia. If he is tested and it turns out he has dementia, then he isn't fit for office and should be replaced with Mike Pence.
Reply 3
If you think Mike Pence is better than him then get in the bin.

What I'm saying is that the leader has to be in good health. Mike Pence is in good health and he is second in line to the presidency. If trump goes for whatever reason, it will be Mike Pence that replaces him.
Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)
This is very worrying, I don't think slurring speech is a sign of dementia though is it? More like brain tumour or something?
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
This is very worrying, I don't think slurring speech is a sign of dementia though is it? More like brain tumour or something?

Slurring speech is a sign of MANY things ranging from alcohol intoxication or a middle ear infection to small intestine cancer

As for dementia? I guess it could apply to vascular dementia. But it's just slurred speech, I can't see any of the other symptoms in him, and to try and make any kind of diagnosis based on one thing kinda dumb on the OP's part.

I picked up more on his breathing than anything. Seemed like he was out of breath, maybe that's why he slurred parts of his speech?
Reply 7
Original post by Trapz99
What I'm saying is that the leader has to be in good health. Mike Pence is in good health and he is second in line to the presidency. If trump goes for whatever reason, it will be Mike Pence that replaces him.

What if Pence is not the full shilling?
Reply 8
This is ridiculous. There are a vast number of things that can cause a person to slur their words, dementia being one of the least likely culprits. Something as simple as a blocked sinus can greatly impede your speech.

But as usual, the media seems completely incapable of behaving in a rational and sensible manner when it comes to reporting on anything this man does. One or two slightly slurred words in one speech and all of a sudden, "OMG! TRUMP HAS DEMENTIA!".

What's next? "BREAKING NEWS - Donald Trump coughs during speech prompting fears he may have lung cancer!"
He sounds like someone doing a really bad impression of a Dutch accent

Except the person who wrote that isn't a medical expert and his diagnosis is based on him being like Idi Amin, even though he isn't without being very dishonest, but then that opinion piece IS very dishonest generally.
Reply 12

I take it by "medical expert", you mean some uppity, liberal blogger on a relatively obscure, online leftist rag, making completely unfounded and erroneous comparisons to a historic dictator?
I feel like this entire thread is just a reference to Hillary’s coughing and her little seizure before the election, and it’s just ironically talking about the media overblowing it.
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
Allah's punishment for being such a racist bigot.

Justice finds us all eventually.

Ew, just shut up with your ********.
I assumed it was his dentures slipping
lol at using CNN and Independent Online as sources.
Reply 17
Original post by MildredMalone
lol at using CNN and Independent Online as sources.

What source should I use then? Breitbart? Infowars?
Moved to International.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending