The Student Room Group

Islamist protesters lead anti-Jewish chants at US embassy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by AlexanderHam
Well, people who care about anti-semitism. That's obviously not you.

You do draw some rather cute conclusions don't you :')
Saying remember a battle from eons ago does not anti-semitism make and your spurious arguement is pure sophistry.

Haven't you been paying attention? Islamists have repeatedly attempted to murder (and succeeded in murdering) Jewish people.

I'm afraid your rambling did necesitate my tuning out early, yes.

Mmm maybe but seeing as far more Muslims are killed by the Jews I tend to look at it on balance. I mean it is quite clear you don't seem to be able to see the wood from the trees in this instance. One would assume you're reffering to the goings on in the West Bank, Gaza, Golan, Lebanon etc. though in which case I would completely disregard that as fighting for the liberation of occupied lands is somewhat different from simply killing people for being Jews.
Reply 21
In protest against the Trump administration's decision to move the US embassy to Jerusalem (a decision with which I fundamentally disagree), there was predictably a protest outside the US embassy.

And predictably, the chants were not merely against Israel. They started chanting about how Jews should remember the 7th century Battle of Khaybar.

https://twitter.com/hurryupharry/status/939253702497628161

The Battle of Khaybar was a battle in which Mohammed attacked the Jews who had lived for many hundreds of years at the peaceful oasis there, tending their flocks and weaving cloaks of fine cloth for sale at various markets and to passing caravans.

The army of Mohammed attacked and slaughtered many of that Jewish tribe, and then when they beat them, they "generously" allowed them to stay on condition they pay a tax of 50% of their income as a tribute. This was the first jizya.

A few years later the Jews were expelled from the oasis, and like all the other Arabian Jews, driven out of Arabia.

It seems that no other protesters tried to stop these people doing this chant or intervened in any way. In fairness, I might not intervene; they look scary and might try to behead me.

Is Jerusalem the capital of Israel right? So if it geographically is, why are people being salty about it?
Reply 22
Chill, it's a joke.

When I'm angry or frustrated, I don't suddenly start saying racist things. It's clear that these are views they already hold. In fact the chant of "Khaybar, khaybar, al yahud" is one that regularly gets pulled out at anti-Israel protests.

Jews and Muslims aren't a race. It's a religion."Khaybar, Khaybar, al yahud" isn't being racist but religious prejudiced
Reply 23
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
Trump stirs up hatred wherever he goes.

He stirred up hatred against Mexicans to get elected. He stirred up hatred against North Korea. And now he is stirring up hatred against Jews.

and Muslims
Reply 24
Original post by miss_ambitious
Is Jerusalem the capital of Israel right? So if it geographically is, why are people being salty about it?

Well according to intl law it cant be as it isn't there's. It would be akin to Russia declaring Sevastapol as its capital or Iraq declaring Kuwait city its capital [during the Gulf war]
You'll have to excuse the facetious examples but it prove the point better.
WOW WOW WOW

I have to say, i'm really shocked how when the tables have turned, the TSR Muslims are turning to "it's just a chant", and "one or two" people.

You couldn't have sunken any lower. You expect us to feel sorry for the muslims in discrimination, when muslims like those are literally going around chanting anti semetic stuff.
Original post by miss_ambitious

Eh no. Jerusalem is the capital of Palestine :pal:
In protest against the Trump administration's decision to move the US embassy to Jerusalem (a decision with which I fundamentally disagree), there was predictably a protest outside the US embassy.

And predictably, the chants were not merely against Israel. They started chanting about how Jews should remember the 7th century Battle of Khaybar.

The Battle of Khaybar was a battle in which Mohammed attacked the Jews who had lived for many hundreds of years at the peaceful oasis there, tending their flocks and weaving cloaks of fine cloth for sale at various markets and to passing caravans.

The army of Mohammed attacked and slaughtered many of that Jewish tribe, and then when they beat them, they "generously" allowed them to stay on condition they pay a tax of 50% of their income as a tribute. This was the first jizya.

A few years later the Jews were expelled from the oasis, and like all the other Arabian Jews, driven out of Arabia.

It seems that no other protesters tried to stop these people doing this chant or intervened in any way. In fairness, I might not intervene; they look scary and might try to behead me.

SURE... The fact that you believe twitter just makes me laugh. and where did you get that rubbish about The Battle of Khaybar, Wikipedia? Check your sources you idiot. And if anybody DID behead you, they would probably pelt Palestine with missiles, oh no sorry there is no such thing Palestine anymore because of Israelis, lets say Gaza with missiles. They wouldn't bomb Palestine coz that includes Jerusalem and Bethlehem, SHAME!! If you are not a troll, find me a legitimate source in the Hadith or in any legit historical context about the rubbish you are feeding lol rat...
Original post by RickHendricks
WOW WOW WOW

I have to say, i'm really shocked how when the tables have turned, the TSR Muslims are turning to "it's just a chant", and "one or two" people.

You couldn't have sunken any lower. You expect us to feel sorry for the muslims in discrimination, when muslims like those are literally going around chanting anti semetic stuff.

Muslims are going round chanting stuff? Forget about TSR, Britain First. You probs don't care about the discriminatory comments toward us because you probs do it. We are going around chanting stuff, go to a UD Roman Catholic Church who legit blame Jews for Christs' death. Lol when you ask why we are rude and **** think about all the bull ppl call us and generalize us on everything. Just get of the internet bruv or whatever the hell yu are
Original post by paul514
PJW did a video on trumps speech it was funny, clips of Clinton, bush and Obama saying the same thing and the senate voting for this in the summer.

I seriously question the mental capacity of people who watch PJW and take him seriously.
Chill, it's a joke.

When I'm angry or frustrated, I don't suddenly start saying racist things. It's clear that these are views they already hold. In fact the chant of "Khaybar, khaybar, al yahud" is one that regularly gets pulled out at anti-Israel protests.

after they get kicked out their land, your religious context is wrong so just shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Not really sure why a thread has to be made for this.

It's a bit like british nationalists who say they're proud of the british empire.
Original post by Taz554:-)
Muslims are going round chanting stuff? Forget about TSR, Britain First. You probs don't care about the discriminatory comments toward us because you probs do it. We are going around chanting stuff, go to a UD Roman Catholic Church who legit blame Jews for Christs' death. Lol when you ask why we are rude and **** think about all the bull ppl call us and generalize us on everything. Just get of the internet bruv or whatever the hell yu are

If you want, I can go down to your level and start insulting you, but I don't want to risk my chance of getting banned and I've seen many more like you. :smile:

Jews are continuously picked on by muslims and it's evident if you go to middle eastern countries, and why is it, that out of all countries in the middle east, Israel seems to have the best standard of living?

For the first thing you asked, yes, those people that went around chanting anti-semetic stuff towards the jews are muslims, so in short terms, yes, muslims are going around shouting chants.

Why should i get off the internet? Atleast I can argue more civilized than you. If you don't like what's being posted on the internet and are "offended" by it, you're more than welcome to get of it.
If you want, I can go down to your level and start insulting you, but I don't want to risk my chance of getting banned and I've seen many more like you. :smile:

Jews are continuously picked on by muslims and it's evident if you go to middle eastern countries, and why is it, that out of all countries in the middle east, Israel seems to have the best standard of living?

For the first thing you asked, yes, those people that went around chanting anti-semetic stuff towards the jews are muslims, so in short terms, yes, muslims are going around shouting chants.

Why should i get off the internet? Atleast I can argue more civilized than you. If you don't like what's being posted on the internet and are "offended" by it, you're more than welcome to get of it.

Yes it was Muslim so does that make it more wrong because they are trying to make a point. Have they not been kicked out and it was a minority saying all the rubbish. Where have you seen 1000's of Muslims saying "Khaybar, Khaybar al yahud"? 1.8 billion of us just 2 remind you. People just like you? What are you trying to insinuate?
Because of all of the land and resources that the Israelis have stolen and used as their own and made illegitimate profits does bring them income doesn't it??? "Picked on by muslims" LOL rae you insane it is the other way round.
Original post by Taz554:-)
Yes it was Muslim so does that make it more wrong because they are trying to make a point. Have they not been kicked out and it was a minority saying all the rubbish. Where have you seen 1000's of Muslims saying "Khaybar, Khaybar al yahud"? 1.8 billion of us just 2 remind you. People just like you? What are you trying to insinuate?
Because of all of the land and resources that the Israelis have stolen and used as their own and made illegitimate profits does bring them income doesn't it??? "Picked on by muslims" LOL rae you insane it is the other way round.

Jews were given land in the past and were told that it's theirs. Muslims then came along claiming it as there own and decided to attack the jews. They lost and had a bit of their land taken away.

And in return the muslims are now playing the victim card?

When 1 muslim dies in an attack, u act as if it that tons of muslims have been killed and that the news deserves to be world wide, but when it's the other way around, you're the first ones to be quiet. A lot of hypocrisy.
Reply 35

This victim complex is rather droll. It also doesnt take into account that Muslimsand inparticular Palestinian Muslims are treated like absolute scum by the Jews.
It's also worth pointing out that jew bashing is hardly defined as a ME problem.
The standard of Living in the Gulf kingdoms is hardly bad?
Original post by Napp
This victim complex is rather droll. It also doesnt take into account that Muslimsand inparticular Palestinian Muslims are treated like absolute scum by the Jews.
It's also worth pointing out that jew bashing is hardly defined as a ME problem.
The standard of Living in the Gulf kingdoms is hardly bad?

The gulf nations still use slavery as a way to get what they want, and standard of living is greater for muslims in gulf countries than non-muslims.
Reply 37
The gulf nations still use slavery as a way to get what they want, and standard of living is greater for muslims in gulf countries than non-muslims.

So what? This isn't a debate about what is moral or not, lest you be bashing the Israelis for their egregious human rights abuses.
I don't know, the expats have a fairly blessed life there.
Err, nope. I oppose Israel's presence in the West Bank and the settlement (can't really say they occupy Palestine though... they don't occupy Gaza).
So they don't have total control over Gaza's airspace, maritime space, borders and Gaza isn't totally dependent on Israel for water and electricity and the international community at large doesn't consider Gaza occupied as a result?

Alternative facts are out in force.
Reply 39
Jews were given land in the past and were told that it's theirs. Muslims then came along claiming it as there own and decided to attack the jews. They lost and had a bit of their land taken away.

Are you taking the piss or do you really know nothing about the history of Palestine?
It was purloined by the British from the Ottomans under the supervision of the LoN. Its 'indiginous' people were Muslim arabs by quite some margin, it was the European Jews who decided they would flood the place and skew the demographics artificially.
If someone came and stole your house would you simply roll over and take it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending