The Student Room Group

Islamist protesters lead anti-Jewish chants at US embassy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Palmyra
So they don't have total control over Gaza's airspace, maritime space, borders and Gaza isn't totally dependent on Israel for water and electricity and the international community at large doesn't consider Gaza occupied as a result?

Alternative facts are out in force.

PRSOM :frown:
Disgusting.
Original post by AlexanderHam
In protest against the Trump administration's decision to move the US embassy to Jerusalem (a decision with which I fundamentally disagree), there was predictably a protest outside the US embassy.

And predictably, the chants were not merely against Israel. They started chanting about how Jews should remember the 7th century Battle of Khaybar.

https://twitter.com/hurryupharry/status/939253702497628161

The Battle of Khaybar was a battle in which Mohammed attacked the Jews who had lived for many hundreds of years at the peaceful oasis there, tending their flocks and weaving cloaks of fine cloth for sale at various markets and to passing caravans.

The army of Mohammed attacked and slaughtered many of that Jewish tribe, and then when they beat them, they "generously" allowed them to stay on condition they pay a tax of 50% of their income as a tribute. This was the first jizya.

A few years later the Jews were expelled from the oasis, and like all the other Arabian Jews, driven out of Arabia.

It seems that no other protesters tried to stop these people doing this chant or intervened in any way. In fairness, I might not intervene; they look scary and might try to behead me.

Direct their anger at Trumper he stoked the fire deliberately not Jews!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miss_ambitious
Is Jerusalem the capital of Israel right? So if it geographically is, why are people being salty about it?

Do you understand about the Arab Israeli conflict and the situation of the Palestinians?

This explains it.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-middle-east-42247428/why-jerusalem-matters
Original post by miss_ambitious
Is Jerusalem the capital of Israel right?

Not according to anyone other than Trump and Israel (hence not a single country has their Israeli embassy in Jerusalem).
Original post by RickHendricks
Jews were given land in the past and were told that it's theirs. Muslims then came along claiming it as there own and decided to attack the jews. They lost and had a bit of their land taken away.

And in return the muslims are now playing the victim card?

When 1 muslim dies in an attack, u act as if it that tons of muslims have been killed and that the news deserves to be world wide, but when it's the other way around, you're the first ones to be quiet. A lot of hypocrisy.

be quiet? We are the fist to condemn it OMFG!!!!!! It was their land in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG IT WAS THEIR LAN WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND. BRITAIN WANTED TO SHOW THEIR 'PWER' SO THEY GAVE THE JEWISH PPL 'THE PROMISED LAND' that belonged to Palistine. So check ure facts as i said before...
Reply 46
Lol you know Bella Hadid was also spotted in this protest too?
Original post by Napp
Well according to intl law it cant be as it isn't there's.

I'm sorry but there's nothing in international law that would prevent the Israeli capital being in West Jerusalem, which is within the 67 borders. In fact, their capital already is in Jerusalem.

The reason Palestinians object to countries moving their embassy there is that it has implications for the final status of Jerusalem, something that should be up for negotiation in any peace deal.
Original post by Taz554:-)
SURE... The fact that you believe twitter just makes me laugh. and where did you get that rubbish about The Battle of Khaybar, Wikipedia?

You are confused. There is a video of the chanting.

You are just embarrassing yourself.
Original post by RickHendricks
Jews were given land in the past and were told that it's theirs. Muslims then came along claiming it as there own and decided to attack the jews. They lost and had a bit of their land taken away.

And in return the muslims are now playing the victim card?

When 1 muslim dies in an attack, u act as if it that tons of muslims have been killed and that the news deserves to be world wide, but when it's the other way around, you're the first ones to be quiet. A lot of hypocrisy.

im sorry but ive never so much bull in my life please check your sources you islamophobic freak. 'muslims then decided to attack the jews' talk about the millions of millions of muslims being slaughtered by israelis right now. so ignorant. a death of one muslim is damaging to the rest of us and when do you ever see a muslim potrayed as a victim in the news. never. whenever somebody murder a muslims its regarded as 'mental health' and sent to rehab. this war has been going on for years and years so dont chat the most and play the jews being the victims. this land belonged to the palestinians first.
Original post by ilhuknown
im sorry but ive never so much bull in my life please check your sources you islamophobic freak. 'muslims then decided to attack the jews' talk about the millions of millions of muslims being slaughtered by israelis right now. so ignorant. a death of one muslim is damaging to the rest of us and when do you ever see a muslim potrayed as a victim in the news. never. whenever somebody murder a muslims its regarded as 'mental health' and sent to rehab. this war has been going on for years and years so dont chat the most and play the jews being the victims. this land belonged to the palestinians first.

lol i'm a troll in that topic, sorry, actually did make a thread asking for information regarding the issue, but my last sentence is a true thing. :smile:
true where????
no body talks out about all the suffering and injustice happening all around the world nobody puts it on the news.
muslims are being burnt alive in south america ... i bet you didnt know that dipshit.
all we hear about is all the terrorist attacks occurring followed by muslim faces, immediately creating fear against muslims in our communities. because of all this islamophobia muslims face acid attacks to the point we fear for our lives when we leave our homes. if all of us muslims were terrorists you can bet that you would be dead ( 1/4 of the worlds population and the fastes growing religion)
Reply 52
Original post by AlexanderHam
I'm sorry but there's nothing in international law that would prevent the Israeli capital being in West Jerusalem, which is within the 67 borders. In fact, their capital already is in Jerusalem.

The reason Palestinians object to countries moving their embassy there is that it has implications for the final status of Jerusalem, something that should be up for negotiation in any peace deal.

Thats a cute modifier you use there. The Israelis recognize no such thing as 'west Jerusalem' they recognize Jerusalem as a whole. Within intl law Jerusalem is meant to be an open and a shared city. Not the Jewish capital, taken by murder and theft.
They might call their capital Jerusalem that doesnt make it theirs though?

No the reason they object is because it is theirs. If i came to your house raped your mother and sister then killed your father and declared your house mine would you be upset for the fact i did that or for that you might not get as much as you should get back?

The fact of the matter though is the zionists have stolen that land and committed genocide of the most heinous order to expand their territory. They call Iran an aggressive nation yet they have never thought and expansionist war nor committed themselves to an apartheid regime. for some reason you support this illegal and morally/ethically bankrupt regime in their quest to kill every Palestinian though?
Seems weird cognitive dissonance to wave SWP signs while chanting Islamist slogans, regardless of the SWP's neo-tankie attitude.

Also, for the record, while this doesn't really have too much relevance, I don't believe much of the traditional Islamic account of Muhammad's life and the early years of Islam to be reliable, so I see Khaybar as likely something later mythologised, though probably based on a grain of truth.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending