The Student Room Group

Alabama Special Election 2017

The special senate election takes place tomorrow in Alabama. The contenders are Roy Moore for the Republicans and Doug Jones for the Democrats. This election is especially controversial due to allegations of sexual misconduct against Roy Moore. Alabama is typically a safe red state, however the race has tightened.

Current polls: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2017/senate/al/alabama_senate_special_election_moore_vs_jones-6271.html

What are your thoughts?
(edited 6 years ago)
Latest Fox Poll suggests lead of 10 points for Jones, however Moore still leads on average.
Reply 2
I think Moore will win, but I don't really care who wins lol
Hopefully moore wins. The establishment will go into meltdown if that happens lol
COME ON MOORE!

He is just the type of man we need running the country - tough on crime, tough on immigration, pro-family, dedicated Christian.
Problem with doug jones is he is in favour of homosexuality and transexuality as well as late abortions (i.e. just before birth) - that in my view makes him an awful candidate. Moore isn't much better unfortunately but i expect him to win
I think Doug Jones could possibly clinch this.
Jones won. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Laughable that the GOP and their supporters have been falling over backwards to support a child molester.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Jones won. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Laughable that the GOP and their supporters have been falling over backwards to support a child molester.

It's still very surprising he won considering how red Alabama is. This also reflects on Trump's presidency as well.
Original post by FarhanHalim
Problem with doug jones is he is in favour of homosexuality and transexuality as well as late abortions (i.e. just before birth) - that in my view makes him an awful candidate. Moore isn't much better unfortunately but i expect him to win

I'm not going to dignify the criticisms of pro homo/transexuality with a response, but I'm curious to know how late term you think Jones wants legal for abortions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending