The Student Room Group

Friendliest London trusts for FY1?

Hi, 4th year med student, new to here. I’m beginning to research deaneries for FY1. I’ve got a few disabilities and ext circs meaning I ideally need to be located in London. Any advice on what hospitals are friendliest/most supportive/disability friendly for foundation years? I’m quite keen on SW London - Kingston and St. George’s, so if anyone has any experience anywhere around here too please do let me know! Thanks
Reply 1
I did my elective at St George’s and I found it a great place with friendly environment however I do not have direct experience working there but it did look promising!

I think it is difficult to label hospitals entirely as more or less friendly as it always comes down to the team you’re working with. For example a tertiary hospital with large patient flow may be stressful job as junior but with a well supported team it may be better experience than a DGH with poor supervision due to staff shortage or large workload due to few juniors.

Every hospital you apply to should accommodate your requirements and they will be informed about requirements and procedures they need to put in place through a form you have to submit and medical school verifies! Sometimes the speciality rather than hospital can make bigger difference. I wanted to prioritise location over speciality overall so it’s all really an individual preference!

Hope this is helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending