The Student Room Group

Elective at great Ormond street hospital - is it worth it?

Hi :smile:)
I've been lucky enough to be accepted to GOSH for my elective in cardiology for 2 weeks. I know that I want to do paediatrics as a speciality, so I really wanted to attend GOSH for part of my elective. I have a 6 week elective period, and the last 4 weeks will be spent abroad travelling (thus costing a lot). My gosh elective is £400 admin fee + living costs. I guess I wanted to see if anyone has had a placement at gosh, and whether it was worth it? is it one of these experiences that are really good if you do it but you'll be fine without? if anyone has any info about the hospital please do let me know :smile:)
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi :smile:)
I've been lucky enough to be accepted to GOSH for my elective in cardiology for 2 weeks. I know that I want to do paediatrics as a speciality, so I really wanted to attend GOSH for part of my elective. I have a 6 week elective period, and the last 4 weeks will be spent abroad travelling (thus costing a lot). My gosh elective is £400 admin fee + living costs. I guess I wanted to see if anyone has had a placement at gosh, and whether it was worth it? is it one of these experiences that are really good if you do it but you'll be fine without? if anyone has any info about the hospital please do let me know :smile:)

Heyyy I'm thinking of applying to GOSH. Are you an international student? When I've asked about the application, I was told that I need to email the doctors separately and get their approval. I wasn't told that I needed to pay for the elective.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending