The Student Room Group

Holy moly, Jeremy Hunt has done something worthwhile

Stop the presses!

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/dec/12/jeremy-hunt-launches-opt-out-organ-donation-plans-in-england-and-wales

What do you guys think of this move? As far as I'm concerned, if you don't like it, you can opt out.
Bloody finally, i've agreed with the opt out idea since a pretty young, so i'm glad!

Still hate the Cu- I mean, Hunt though.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by FlintofBavaria
Bloody finally, i've agreed with the opt out idea since a pretty young, so i'm glad!

Still hate the Cu- I mean, Hunt though.

Hate seems somewhat strong for someone you disagree with
Something, something broken clock...

I work in his constituency, he is a total ****wit.
Reply 4
Original post by Underscore__
Hate seems somewhat strong for someone you disagree with

How so?
Reply 5
I agree with opt out rather than opt in. I had the discussion about organ donation with my family and all were perfectly happy to have all of their organs removed for donation if suitable or science if unsuitable for donation, yet only half of them are on the register, just because they hadn’t gotten around to signing up yet. Most people, and I am using the word most. Do not have an issue with organ donation and forget to sign onto the register so so many organs go to waste each year.
I think if people are against organ donation then they would be more inclined to make sure that they opt out rather than getting most of the population to opt in. Thankfully, I know my family’s wishes about organ donation and they know mine (not that any of us are planning on dying any time soon)
Yet the Guardian make the effort to criticise it hiding behind ‘professionals’ opinion. But because it’s the Tory’s (and an especially annoying rat of an MP) that have put forward the idea the Guardian automatically argues against them regardless of what the policy or idea is.

Proves what a biased gutter rag the Guardian is, I can guarentee you if it was a Labour MP introducing this they wouldn’t have criticised them. The Guardian should be held with the same contempt that the Daily Mail & The Sun are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending