The Student Room Group

Help me ASAP

Hi,
I really need help. I applyed for a job as an HCA for my gap year (am in yr 13 now) not thinking I would get it but now I have been invited for an interview. I am obviously really happy but On my CV i said I was taking a gap year but I didnt say when I would start. I have my A levels soon so cant start till late June but I am worried they will want me to start ASAP. Should I phone them up and tell them, or say at the interview, or wait to see if I get a job and then say. There is no start date specified. Please help!!!!!!!
Thanks
Reply 1
I think you should leave it to the interview. Convince them in the interview that your the perfect candidate with a alot of dedication because of your gap year. Good luck!
Reply 2
ok thanks, then do you think if they give me the job I should say then.
Reply 3
After the interview they'll probably ask you if you have any questions, tell them about your problem and it should be fine I hope :smile:
Reply 4
thet. Also, id been planning to go to Africa oevr xmas for about a monthbut now Im unsure if it would be possible. I have 27 days holiday but do you know if I can take all my holiday in one block or not. I havent had a job b4 so am a bit unsure about it. Thanks for all your help so far.
they'll probably ask when you're available to start. your holidays stuff is what you'd ask when they tell you to ask your questions.
Reply 6
Am not sure about the holiday mate to be honest. It depends if they need someone doing what you will do I doubt you'll be allowed to go at once as it's very inconvienant for them. They also usually ask if you're planning on taking a holiday over the next couple of months. I didn't get a volunteer job at my local hospice because I am going to volunteer in ethiopia soon. There isn't much you can do but you got an interview which is great and try to convince them you're the right person for the job and if they really like you they won't let you go :smile:
Reply 7
wicked thanks. It not till wednesday 30th so got a bit of time to prepare and as I aint got any med interviews yet it might giv me a bit of practise!!!!!
Reply 8
No problem mate, good luck with your med interviews and the job!

Latest

Trending

Trending