The Student Room Group

can i still achieve a overall grade of DDM?

Hi guys
Hope you can help me out. I am studying a BTEc extended diploma level 3 at a college. I am currently in the second year of the course and have applied to go to University. I have received a conditional offer subject to me obtaining DDM. I have completed the first year and only achieved a Pass in all units. I am now working towards merits and distinctions and am very capable of achieving them. I have completed 9 units last academic year and doing 9 units this academic year. Is their any chance of me getting DDM and if so what grade would I have to achieve this year and if not what is the highest possible grade I can get.
Hope it makes sense
P.s I have tried using the UCAS calculator but had no luck
Original post by Nuni1998
Hi guys
Hope you can help me out. I am studying a BTEc extended diploma level 3 at a college. I am currently in the second year of the course and have applied to go to University. I have received a conditional offer subject to me obtaining DDM. I have completed the first year and only achieved a Pass in all units. I am now working towards merits and distinctions and am very capable of achieving them. I have completed 9 units last academic year and doing 9 units this academic year. Is their any chance of me getting DDM and if so what grade would I have to achieve this year and if not what is the highest possible grade I can get.
Hope it makes sense
P.s I have tried using the UCAS calculator but had no luck

Have been looking at this for you and if I have read the rules correctly then I think its impossible on your current scores to get DDM. The pass grades just weigh you down.

1460 is how any points you need.

Pass =7
Merit =8
Dist = 9

9 units first year= 9x7x10=630

1460-630= 830

9 units second year= 9x9x10= 810 max if you got all distinctions.

1,440 is DMM.

Talk to your tutor to see if you can resubmit some modules. It would then make it possible with each improvement to merit giving you ten marks and each one to distinction increasing you by 20.
Reply 2
thanks for the reply I also did some research your response is correct thanks. I will also be asking my tutor if I can resit any modules.
Reply 3
Original post by Nuni1998
thanks for the reply I also did some research your response is correct thanks. I will also be asking my tutor if I can resit any modules.

hi were you able to resit any modules?. Im in the same situation right now as in my first year of Level 3 health and social i mostly achieved passes on all units however the entry requirements for the uni i want to go to is MMM.
Which uni are you applying to? Just double check on your UCAS track that you haven’t been offered Unconditional if chosen as firm. My son was offered a conditional offer and totally missed thatvit said further down, if he accepted it as his firm then it would be unconditional. As he’s only applied to that uni it was a no brainer. Took all the stress out of it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Hi if I get a near pass for one of the units what would I need to get to get ddm overall 13 units total thanks
Original post by Stefren
Hi if I get a near pass for one of the units what would I need to get to get ddm overall 13 units total thanks

This is a really old thread.Make a new one as you are more likely to get responses

Latest

Trending

Trending