The Student Room Group

Is the Ford Fiesta ST a f***boy car?

^^^
Don't get one get a more classy gentelemanmobile like a corsa vxr in bright green with go faster stripes, shows class
Reply 2
Quick rule of thumb for buying cars: if it has "performance edition" "sports edition" or any other rubbish like that on the end, it's probably just an overpriced toy for boy racers.
How dare you.

Where's my boy @UniWasEz when I need him.
Reply 4
Original post by storm95
^^^

Its just a car wtf is wrong with you?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by HateOCR

Picking on a poor defenceless ford :frown:
Reply 6
Oh goody, another Fiesta ST thread. Yes, they are.
Original post by storm95
^^^

Nope it's a tomboy car.

How can cars even have genders is beyond me.
Original post by nevershear
How dare you.

Where's my boy @UniWasEz when I need him.

Probably ranting about how slow young drivers are in their "under-powered cars".
Reply 9
Original post by HateOCR

Nothing is wrong just wanted to see what people’s views are, no need to be offended
nope go for it.
Original post by Dez
Quick rule of thumb for buying cars: if it has "performance edition" "sports edition" or any other rubbish like that on the end, it's probably just an overpriced toy for boy racers.

It depends a lot on the car. My Passat is a "Sport" and the Sport Package in 2002 got you:

More aggressive engine map
Bigger clutch
6 speed gearbox
20mm lower suspension/stiffer shocks
Sport seats (deeper bolstering and more support)
Auto wipers
Real leather steering wheel/gear knob/gear gaiter
16in wheels (vs stock 15in)
Climate control
Electronic Stability Program

And probably some other bits I've forgotten. Admittedly on some cars a sport pack just gets you different wheels and some stripes, but you do actually get some cool stuff with certain sport packs.
Original post by Nuffles
It depends a lot on the car. My Passat is a "Sport" and the Sport Package in 2002 got you:

More aggressive engine map
Bigger clutch
6 speed gearbox
20mm lower suspension/stiffer shocks
Sport seats (deeper bolstering and more support)
Auto wipers
Real leather steering wheel/gear knob/gear gaiter
16in wheels (vs stock 15in)
Climate control
Electronic Stability Program

And probably some other bits I've forgotten. Admittedly on some cars a sport pack just gets you different wheels and some stripes, but you do actually get some cool stuff with certain sport packs.

Man, in 2002 that must have been the bollox. It's still not bad now.
Original post by nevershear
Man, in 2002 that must have been the bollox. It's still not bad now.

These days it's just the sports badge you're paying for. Take a look at the Audi A1 TFSI Vs. TFSI S-Line, there is virtually no difference apart from lights on the doors. :lol:
Original post by RoyalSheepy
These days it's just the sports badge you're paying for. Take a look at the Audi A1 TFSI Vs. TFSI S-Line, there is virtually no difference apart from lights on the doors. :lol:

Well you can have a fiesta multiple ways without including the ST. The Zetec, the Vignale, the ST-Line and the Style (the standard). For the most part you're paying for the bodykit and different seats (although the ST-Line/ST-Line X are the faster options, I don't think they do the Zetec as a 140 bhp 3-cyl anymore). The ST-Line X feels like it's a massive rip-off though, it's basically the ST-Line with all the optional extras lmao.

Bloody Vignale costs 3k more than the ST-Line though, it's very pretty but it ain't +£3k pretty. The ST itself is actually cheaper than the vignale I think lol.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 15
The Ford Fiesta ST is a supermini in the 'junior' hot hatch category, and a fine example of it's class - which let's be honest is going to attract some boy racers. It goes from 0-60 in 6.7 seconds, so have fun with that! It's fast, it's practical and reasonably economical considering it's credentials.

And compared to some of it's rivals, the Fiesta ST does have a remarkably sensible image which I think broadens it's appeal. Obviously, insurance is going to come at a premium (insurance group 30) and you are already paying an extra premium for the cheap sporty thrills.
(edited 6 years ago)
tbh a Ford Fiesta would not be ideal for a f***boy... the interior is very cramped unless both parties are under 5'2"
Original post by Menrva
The Ford Fiesta ST is a supermini in the 'junior' hot hatch category, and a fine example of it's class - which let's be honest is going to attract some boy racers. It goes from 0-60 in 6.7 seconds, so have fun with that! It's fast, it's practical and reasonably economical considering it's credentials.

And compared to some of it's rivals, the Fiesta ST does have a remarkably sensible image which I think broadens it's appeal. Obviously, insurance is going to come at a premium (insurance group 30) and you are already paying an extra premium for the cheap sporty thrills.

To be honest if I was going that route I'd rather wait a bit longer and have the RS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending