The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Mr Moncal
1. That won't help at all.
2. 23,000 names looks a whole lot better than 4,000 or so.
3. Sometimes they show up and start posting.

well actually all those unactive members are just sitting there wasting space, so Juwel does have a point. Most forums do incorporate a 6 month rule, some even less than that. Any users not active w/in a certain timeframe are sent a warning that if they do not log in in 30 days their account will be deleted. And hun, if they haven't been active in 6 months I doubt they ever will be active.

Edit: Children! Fight nicely! :rolleyes:
Reply 41
Infinity
well actually all those unactive members are just sitting there wasting space, so Juwel does have a point. Most forums do incorporate a 6 month rule, some even less than that. Any users not active w/in a certain timeframe are sent a warning that if they do not log in in 30 days their account will be deleted. And hun, if they haven't been active in 6 months I doubt they ever will be active.

Edit: Children! Fight nicely! :rolleyes:

I've had this discussion several times with some knowledgeable people. The consensus was that deleteing names from the database wouldn't help much at all. Also here recently there have been several people that joined ages ago and just suddenly showed up.
Reply 42
PopTart
fuck off u cunt

No I was here first why don't you fuck off.

EDIT: Cheers Infin :biggrin:
Reply 43
ZJuwelH
No I was here first why don't you fuck off.

EDIT: Cheers Infin :biggrin:

on yer slook ya fucking microphone fucker
Reply 44
Mr Moncal
I've had this discussion several times with some knowledgeable people. The consensus was that deleteing names from the database wouldn't help much at all. Also here recently there have been several people that joined ages ago and just suddenly showed up.

Well as said, people would get a warning email first, so it wouldn't be a problem.
Reply 45
PopTart
on yer slook ya fucking microphone fucker

As ZJuwelH has been a member here alot longer then you have, what makes you think you have the right to tell him to f**K off, newbie?
Reply 46
Dude
As ZJuwelH has been a member here alot longer then you have, what makes you think you have the right to tell him to f**K off, newbie?

son, dont ever put a picture of u up ere again
ur a disgrace to sociey
Reply 47
PopTart
son, dont ever put a picture of u up ere again
ur a disgrace to sociey

Who are you calling son. I'll bet I'm older than you.
Reply 48
Mr Moncal
Make 2 or 3 regular users mods. And have at least one of them be from a time zone other than GMT.

Mr Moncal
Padfoot90, Pig, PQ, and Elpaw

I know its grim oop north, but I never realise "North" was a different time zone! :biggrin:
Reply 49
PopTart
fuck off u cunt

And whose alias are you then?
Reply 50
Mr Moncal

Complete nonsense. Name these people.

Deletion of names will allow the system to free up space and thus allow a faster server. Nothing more to it than that.
Reply 51
Bigger avatars for subscribers?
Reply 52
Acaila

I didn't realise you subscribed. How long?
Reply 53
Being able to delete posts in F51 would be nice..
Reply 54
Nylex
Being able to delete posts in F51 would be nice..

We can do that. Can't we. I'm sure I have.
Reply 55
Mad Caddie
We can do that. Can't we. I'm sure I have.

Nah, it's still disabled :frown:.
Reply 56
Nylex
Nah, it's still disabled :frown:.

Oh well, what did you wanna delete?
Reply 57
ditzy blonde
I know its grim oop north, but I never realise "North" was a different time zone! :biggrin:

Padfoot is in america, dunno about the others. :biggrin:
Reply 58
Mad Caddie
Oh well, what did you wanna delete?

Nothing in particular, it'd just be nice of them to enable it again so we could delete stuff if we needed/wanted to!
Reply 59
Acaila

yeah that will be nice :wink: :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending