Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Cree
Padfoot is in america, dunno about the others. :biggrin:

The others would just make good mods.
Reply 61
Mr Moncal
The others would just make good mods.

I agree, but I believe PQ has said she is not interested in the position.
I think elpaw would be a good mod.
Cree

Correct.
Reply 63
Cree
I think elpaw would be a good mod.

I don't understand why the admins don't just add some mods. There are at least 10 regular members who would make great mods. It has been close to a year since the last mod was appointed and at least 10,000 people have joined since then.
Reply 64
Mr Moncal
I don't understand why the admins don't just add some mods. There are at least 10 regular members who would make great mods. It has been close to a year since the last mod was appointed and at least 10,000 people have joined since then.

And whilst 10,000 people have joined, you must account for many members having multiple guise's. You must also account for the few thousand people who sign up to post one or two threads/posts, and then never return. You must also remember that whilst members have signed up, simultaneously thousands of members, short term and long term, have left.

This may explain d's reluctance to appoint new mods/admin. You must also remember that recently new admin has been appointed.
Reply 65
Plus no one is deemed both worthy of, and willing to, take up the responsibility.
Reply 66
ZJuwelH
Plus no one is deemed both worthy of, and willing to, take up the responsibility.

There are plenty who would be both worthy and willing. How about:

Piginapoke
Elpaw
Nylex
Lord Huntroyde
Padfoot90
Vienna95
Pencil Queen (not willing but still worthy)
Reply 67
Piginapoke - Reaons?

Elpaw - Yes, running favourite, but no exceptional qualities, just liked a lot on UKL.

Nylex - Reasons?

Lord Huntroyde - I don't think so, he has many disagreable qualities, and conflicting interests.

Padfoot90 - Reasons?

Vienna95 - I doubt this very much. She has way too many reservations about various members, and the majority of the forum dislike her.
Pencil Queen - As you say, not willing. Therefore out of the question.
Reply 68
Mad Caddie
Piginapoke - Reaons?

Elpaw - Yes, running favourite, but no exceptional qualities, just liked a lot on UKL.

Nylex - Reasons?

Lord Huntroyde - I don't think so, he has many disagreable qualities, and conflicting interests.

Padfoot90 - Reasons?

Vienna95 - I doubt this very much. She has way too many reservations about various members, and the majority of the forum dislike her.
Pencil Queen - As you say, not willing. Therefore out of the question.

Piginapoke-Exceptionally intelligent and well liked. He spends hours on here each day. I don't think you can find anyone who will be on more than him.
Nylex- liked and respected by many. He's been here long enough to know what's going on.
Padfoot90- Well liked, American so he can tidy up the place while ya'll sleep.
Vienna95- Critical thinker. Mods can not always be popular. Surely most of us can respect ther persona that Vienna projects on some level.
Reply 69
Mr Moncal
Nylex

Not worthy, definetly not.
Reply 70
Mr Moncal
Piginapoke-Exceptionally intelligent and well liked. He spends hours on here each day. I don't think you can find anyone who will be on more than him.
Nylex- liked and respected by many. He's been here long enough to know what's going on.
Padfoot90- Well liked, American so he can tidy up the place while ya'll sleep.
Vienna95- Critical thinker. Mods can not always be popular. Surely most of us can respect ther persona that Vienna projects on some level.

Piginapoke - Agreed

Nylex - His qualities are not outstanding, thats not a perosnal critisism, just that many members have been here long enough, and are liked and respected.

Padfoot90 - I think the need to have a mod on while we sleep is a wated argument. If you notice active times of mods, rahaydenuk and Expression are often on till late night. Then almost every morning, early morning for us, Leekey is on, and usually does any necessary "clearing up"

Vienna95 - Has the right intentions etc, but would be highly unfavourable with GC users, which make up a large chunk of the forum.
Reply 71
I would hope that if a new mod is ever appointed that they would take it to general chat. So I would like to see how vienna would "remodel" gc.
Mr Moncal
I would hope that if a new mod is ever appointed that they would take it to general chat. So I would like to see how vienna would "remodel" gc.

Vienna would all but destroy general chat, as the majority of things are pointless, all be it harmless threads and she would not tolerate them.
Reply 73
*snorts* I just got "donned" for my list of people who would be good mods. Okay, I'm down to 103 points, someone take the oppurtunity and take my gem. Come on I know you want to. :rolleyes:
Reply 74
Mr Moncal
*snorts* I just got "donned" for my list of people who would be good mods. Okay, I'm down to 103 points, someone take the oppurtunity and take my gem. Come on I know you want to. :rolleyes:

none of these dons will get status, believe me.
Reply 75
TheWolf
Before adding anything, sort out:

1.problem when you log off
2.search functions
3.sorting functions

Well the server is upgraded, but still not fixed...so please do so if possible. :smile:
Reply 76
I dunno what is up, but then i scroll down i get little text boxes like the search bar, and the pulldown menu is all black. There are 2-3 on the screen :confused:
Reply 77
Maximum file size of avatars should be upped by 10-15 KB.
Aaagh I keep getting fatal errors and page cannot be displayed! :confused: Is the server just being worked on?
Reply 79
wiwarin_mir
Vienna would all but destroy general chat, as the majority of things are pointless, all be it harmless threads and she would not tolerate them.

That depends on your intepretation of 'destroy'. If you mean would I prefer to see the number of threads about sex, or other inappropriate topics for a student forum, disappear then yes. Would I want all the threads that I deem pointless to disappear? No. In light of your comments on the Subscriber forum, you are hardly an advocate of the current content in the GC forum.

Latest

Trending

Trending