The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

is Surrey university posh ?

I just want to know if there is a mix of ethnicities or if Surrey uni is full of posh people ?
Original post by sophia315
I just want to know if there is a mix of ethnicities or if Surrey uni is full of posh people ?

there's a mix :lol: it's not posh
Have a friend there :smile:
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Hey @sophia315,

I went to Surrey from 2012-2015 - I can guarantee that Surrey isn't full of posh people :lol: There's a real mix of people of all different ethnicities and backgrounds, and the nice thing about uni is that as most people are in halls in first year, you get the chance to meet people you might not have mixed with otherwise :smile:

Hope this helps!

Ashley
Reply 3
As a current Surrey student I can say definitely not!! It may be a 'posh' area, but the students are from all over the UK and beyond. It's a real mix of backgrounds, ethnicities, political view points etc. Just like every other Uni I suppose :smile:
I swear I see this about every university.

Out in the real world, you will find that 'a mix of ethnicities' and 'posh people' are not mutually exclusive categories, whatever the constitution of a given university's student body...
It's a university in Surrey, of course it's posh. At least it was when I was there. Although, at the same time, I wouldn't say this is a reason not to attend. But yes, there's plenty of posh people at Surrey
Right now I'm drinking a lucazade in a tracksuit on a bed and I'm one of the more well off ones.
Reply 8
Original post by crosssafley
Right now I'm drinking a lucazade in a tracksuit on a bed and I'm one of the more well off ones.

LOOOL jokes. what course do you do at Surrey ?
Original post by Lord Nutter
I swear I see this about every university.

Every decent uni yh
I go to Surrey, it isn't posh, far from it imo
LOOOL jokes. what course do you do at Surrey ?

Mechanical engineering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending