The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA science 9-1 trilogy grade boundaries?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JordanHodson
It was stated by an exam marker that in the year 10 mocks, 80% of students failed to get over 50%. Therefore they will have to drastically change the exams

Wow thats pretty damn low, so what do you predict for a 7,8,9
thanks
Original post by Abdullah72108
Wow thats pretty damn low, so what do you predict for a 7,8,9
thanks

well it will come down to the rest of the country but my guess will be 90% for a 9
i am worried , i got 50 and got grade 8 which i feel like is wrong and in the real one i might get lower which makes me feel worse
Reply 23
I think a 9 will be around 80-85% because last year an A* was like 70% and for some exams even as low as 65% (OCR 21st century) so I think a 9 is more than an A* but the grade boundaries will be low as its the first year.
Reply 24
CGP have released some practice papers for the sciences and in them a 7 is 66%-75% , an 8 is 76%-83% and a 9 is 84%+
In my mocks the grade boundaries for each science were different. For a 9 in Biology it was 78%, in Physics 84% and in Chemistry it was 90% (IMO the actual chemistry grade boundary wont be this high)
Hope this helps!:smile:
Original post by YusufS
CGP have released some practice papers for the sciences and in them a 7 is 66%-75% , an 8 is 76%-83% and a 9 is 84%+
In my mocks the grade boundaries for each science were different. For a 9 in Biology it was 78%, in Physics 84% and in Chemistry it was 90% (IMO the actual chemistry grade boundary wont be this high)
Hope this helps!:smile:

yh i think it will b around the 80% mark for a 9 for the sciences
Does anyone know any predicted topics/ 6 mark quesions that will come up thanks
I got 41% in one of my mocks and that was a 4
I got 41% which is a 4
Original post by 825876 Abdullah72108
HI, i have realised there are no set grade boundaries (by AQA) for the GCSE AQA 9-1 science spec for tests as this is the first year. We are getting grade boundaries set by our school: for a 7- 60% and 8- about 70 %, for our latest test given by AQA. What are the grade boundaries like in your school for grades 7/8/9, thanks!
I got 61/70 and 58/70 and they were both 8... maybe my school is too harsh? But we do 90% for a 9, 80% for 8 ect
Original post by Aleshadavis2611
Better to do higher because it’s easier to pass grade boundaries low, for foundation you need to basically Know ALLL the answers and I know because you think of foundation you might you oh easy but I did foundation last year and the “easy” questions were the ones that tricked me out 😂 and ended up getting a 3 I do higher now and I’m getting a 5 as for the never been taught in class I suggest watching my free science lesson guy on YouTube he covers everything and just make flashcards. My teachers are so bad so I’ve just been teaching myself science

yeah or science and maths by primrose kitten
Reply 31
70%for 7 and 80%for 8
Reply 32
Original post by Abdullah72108
HI, i have realised there are no set grade boundaries (by AQA) for the GCSE AQA 9-1 science spec for tests as this is the first year. We are getting grade boundaries set by our school: for a 7- 60% and 8- about 70+%, for our latest test given by AQA. What are the grade boundaries like in your school for grades 7/8/9, thanks!

yoo do you know what percent you need to get a 4 in combined science 2023

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending