The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Examination points

I just received the letter inviting for an interview. It said the cutoff score was 371 and I got 500. I was just wondering what people got on average for this test and if 500 is a lot or not?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by evelina s
I just received the letter inviting for an interview. It said the cutoff score was 371 and I got 500. I was just wondering what people got on average for this test and if 500 is a lot or not?

500 is a really high score the highest i have seen so far. The avarage is 400-420. I got 497 and i think i got full marks in further maths and dropped a couple in physics.
500 is full marks. I got 417 which means I scraped in. There is a sket in another chat tryna say she got 621, her interview is on "further maths", and is on the 21st of febuary.
Reply 3
WOAH 500?!! That's incredible I got 405, it was History that I deffo lost many marks on (I found the French exam quite easy)but I'm glad I still got in.
i got 436
Reply 5
Original post by tedgfbtebfetedfb
500 is full marks. I got 417 which means I scraped in. There is a sket in another chat tryna say she got 621, her interview is on "further maths", and is on the 21st of febuary.

Are you sure 500 is full marks because I'm sure I didn't answer two of the maths questions? I attempted them, but I didn't get an answer. And well done for getting 417.
Original post by evelina s
Are you sure 500 is full marks because I'm sure I didn't answer two of the maths questions? I attempted them, but I didn't get an answer. And well done for getting 417.

I know a friend that definently got 100% in the maths, and drop a couple marks in physics and he got 479. No one knows how they mark it, mabye they mark it based on your workings, not if you got the right answer or not. Also well done for getting 500. I think average I saw on TSR is in the low 400's. I don't think TSR is representative of everyone because if you scrape an interview or don't make the cut off, you will be less likely to post given the amount of people with really high marks, if you know what I mean. I think average is in the high 300's.
Original post by tedgfbtebfetedfb
I know a friend that definently got 100% in the maths, and drop a couple marks in physics and he got 479. No one knows how they mark it, mabye they mark it based on your workings, not if you got the right answer or not. Also well done for getting 500. I think average I saw on TSR is in the low 400's. I don't think TSR is representative of everyone because if you scrape an interview or don't make the cut off, you will be less likely to post given the amount of people with really high marks, if you know what I mean. I think average is in the high 300's.

Hey, followed you :smile:
I got 445, i know I dropped major marks in the chem paper and a few in physics.
Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz
Hey, followed you :smile:

safe g
Reply 10
How do you guys know 500 is how much it's all out of ??
Anyone got an interview this Sat ??
Original post by Xhess
How do you guys know 500 is how much it's all out of ??
Anyone got an interview this Sat ??

I’ll be going on Saturday.

I can now tell you that the maximum score achieved was in fact 540.
Reply 12
I’ll be going on Saturday.

I can now tell you that the maximum score achieved was in fact 540.

same mines on Sat what subject are you doing ?
Original post by Xhess
same mines on Sat what subject are you doing ?

Politics. Really hoping they don’t ask a question that’s too difficult.
Reply 14
who's already done their interview ??
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 15
Politics. Really hoping they don’t ask a question that’s too difficult.

- the questions are supposed to be challenging just try your best thats all you can do
goodluck
Original post by Xhess
- the questions are supposed to be challenging just try your best thats all you can do
goodluck

Thanks. What are you doing for a subject?
Reply 17
Thanks. What are you doing for a subject?

History
Original post by Xhess
History

Great! Considering my Politics interview, the topic I wanna talk about could probably hold its own in History, even though I didn't do it at GCSE...
Reply 19
cool. I am sure you will be great. Some of my friends have already done their interviews and they said it went really well. is it your top choice for sixth form ?

Quick Reply

Latest