The Student Room Group

I forgot how to drive!!

Hi TSR, this is bad but my mum has recently bought me a 1L Peugeot 208, now when I wa doing lessons with my instructor I was in a diesel car whereas with my car I got a Petrol and instantly it’s like I forgot everything.

I know how to drive a diesel very well it’s just a petrol. Can anyone help me please with tips and some very good advice?
Original post by ZekielB01
Hi TSR, this is bad but my mum has recently bought me a 1L Peugeot 208, now when I wa doing lessons with my instructor I was in a diesel car whereas with my car I got a Petrol and instantly it’s like I forgot everything.

I know how to drive a diesel very well it’s just a petrol. Can anyone help me please with tips and some very good advice?

Hey there!

Sorry to see you've had no replies, I'll just tag @AngryJellyfish to get this moved to the Learning to drive forum to get you more replies. :smile:

With petrol engines, you have to use more revs than diesel engines. Diesels have more torque usually, so you won't need as much revs with diesels to get them moving.
I got used to mine by accelerating a bit first before bringing the clutch up, then as I got used to it I began to get used to the exact amount of revs needed to get the car going. Once you get used to the different amount of revs needed you will have absolutely no problem.
Yeah a 1L 208 doesn't have a lot of power, get your revs up before you start to depress the clutch, you'll get used to it. This isn't forgetting how to drive; you don't do that - it's just getting used to a new car.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending