The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

Nursing interview at RGU Aberdeenn?

Can someone please help me out and advise me as to what to expect for the Adult Nursing selection day? I can’t seem to find any information anywhere . Is there a group and individual interview? Maths and literacy test?!
Thanks any help greatly appreciated!! ☺️

Scroll to see replies

Is you interview on Monday? As I’ve an interview then too. I did this years ago and it was a large group, introduction, tour, then a group interview which was a discussion between you all which was monitored. There was no tests as such but some was taken into an individual interview for a 5-10mins. This may of changed but I’m told format is similar.
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
Reply 2
Mine is next Friday!. Thanks so much for sharing that with me, I am grateful! Best of luck, hope everything goes great for you 😊
Thank you, and to you for Friday. I will let you know the actual interview format after Monday. 😊
Reply 4
Original post by Andream1512
Thank you, and to you for Friday. I will let you know the actual interview format after Monday. 😊

Awh thank you so much that would be great☺️
Yeah there was no maths/literacy test, just an introduction and group interview. All the best for Friday
Reply 6
That’s great thank you! Was the group interview ok? I’m so nervous for it 😑 no individual interview? And we don’t have to bring anything do we? Sorry about all the questions! Thanks so much ☺️
Bring photographic id with you. I had no individual interview and I enjoyed the group interview, nothing to be nervous about, all the best 💖
Reply 8
The topic for the group interview was nothing too difficult was it?! . Thanks! At this stage I just want it to be over haha x
Sorry thought I replied.
No nothing difficult, I applied for mh so topic would be different for adult. You will be fine. All the best
Reply 10
Hey thanks for getting back to me! It went ok I think. I’m not sure tbh. The questions were ok but I found the picture that I was given difficult to talk about! Not sure I spoke up enough feel like the others in my group were a lot stronger then me. Just have to wait now and see! Relieved it’s over haha
Hi i was wondering, what type of questions are you asked during the group discussion? I have no idea what to expect!
Reply 12
Tbh it was not much of a group interview or discussion . There were 6 of us in total and we sat around a table. Whoever was at the edge starting talking first and we just went around to everyone , wasn’t a case of just speaking up! . The first question was to give an introduction about yourself and why you think you would make a good adult nurse . Then just questions like what have u done to prepare yourself for university life the academic side of it and all that, they asked at what point did you decide adult nursing was for you . And finally everyone was given a different picture . They had to then state what they thought of it. You will be fine ☺️ If you have any other questions just ask! I know what it’s like haha . Best of luck x
Okay, thank you very much! I really appreciate that!
Curious if anyone had a reply yet?
Reply 15
I also applied for MH but heard nothing yet, have you?
Original post by howen
I also applied for MH but heard nothing yet, have you?

No nothing yet, my interview was on the 19/2. I’m ‘patiently’ waiting lol.
Hopefully hear soon so can start planning things. When was your interview?
Reply 17
Original post by Andream1512
No nothing yet, my interview was on the 19/2. I’m ‘patiently’ waiting lol.
Hopefully hear soon so can start planning things. When was your interview?

Haha same, I had my interview 10/2 and they said to us we should know in 2-3 weeks, which it’s more nearly 4 weeks now, I seen someone say they have been given a place but for a different course so, hopefully we will know soon! Do they tell us either way? Will you be moving closer to the uni?
Original post by howen
Haha same, I had my interview 10/2 and they said to us we should know in 2-3 weeks, which it’s more nearly 4 weeks now, I seen someone say they have been given a place but for a different course so, hopefully we will know soon! Do they tell us either way? Will you be moving closer to the uni?

I would of thought they would reply personally and let you know one way or the other. I know we would hear from ucas either way, but that doesn’t need to be until the deadline in April/May.
Not needing to move, but have kids and work so a number of little things to sort out beforehand If successful.
Hopefully no news is good news for us. Let us know how you get on 😊
I had my interview on the 6th of December and I’ve still heard nothing😫😫

Quick Reply

Latest