The Student Room Group
Reply 1
A good idea might be checking out if any of the youth hostels over there need any summer workers. Certainly whenever I've been over there there have been ads crying out for people to help out for a bit. This would be a great way to possibly get some bar experience too, which is priceless if you're going to be looking for work at uni or if you ever travel extensively.
Reply 2
This Working in France Thread includes the spiel I wrote about working for Holidaybreak PLC, which is a very good option if you want to work in France - my plan had been to do it between school and Uni, although I ended up on a gap year. It's pain free and a good laugh.

Tx
Reply 3
I went over to Paris for 2 months this summer and wasn't able to get anything despite looking since April and speaking very good French - nothing even in catering. It is a risk as French employment law means it's very difficult to get rid of people even if they're not very good at their job. This means employers are generally reluctant to take new people on, much less foreigners, even with what you would consider the added advantage of being able to speak English.

I don't wish to sound negative but I'm just telling you how it was for me this year. Good luck finding something :smile:

Latest