The Student Room Group

Undecided on Food Tech OR Drama

I’m filling out my options form today and I’m quite set on my future job: an architect.

In our school we have 4 options, I have chosen:
Geography
D&T
Art&Design

I need a last option, however I don’t really want to do anything else.
But if I have to, Ive narrowed my options down to Drama and Food Tech.

I’ve heard these two are very time consuming and I guess it would be a bad idea to do one with DT and Art. I’m good at managing time however and would honestly just deal with the work.

I enjoy both equally, I prefer the Drama teachers though but I feel like Food Tech is more relevant to real life.

Anyone who’s done any of these two could give me any advice or personal experiences with them? Thanks 😂😂
food tech takes up a lot of time i think, you have to loads of practise runs on making meals i believe.
food tech is a lot of work but easy. I dont think you do much cooking anyways.

drama is more difficult

I would say do drama as you already have 2 techs., and you like the teachers.

btw I have not done either - I am picking my options soon myself. take what you want from what I just said
Reply 3
Original post by jarjarbinkss
food tech takes up a lot of time i think, you have to loads of practise runs on making meals i believe.

Original post by Bill Nye
food tech is a lot of work but easy. I dont think you do much cooking anyways.

drama is more difficult

I would say do drama as you already have 2 techs., and you like the teachers.

btw I have not done either - I am picking my options soon myself. take what you want from what I just said

Ahah yeah I guess if I do Drama I will have a lot of practical subjects, which is what I prefer tbh. What are you choosing?
Original post by ktech5
Ahah yeah I guess if I do Drama I will have a lot of practical subjects, which is what I prefer tbh. What are you choosing?

We havent got the options blocks yet but the teacher who is making them has asked everyone what they are thinking of doing. I think we are getting them next week, but idk :P

At my school you can choose between triple or double science, but triple counts as one of your options. You also have to pick one from history, geography, computer science or French (and Spanish but I dont do Spanish)

But the ones I want to pick are;

computer science
triple science
French
DT

And I know what I would want my backup choices to be:

History
ICT
(edited 6 years ago)
At first I wanted to do food tech as it is a good subject to learn because I didn't think drama would help me in real life, however I realised that drama isn't just about acting, but it really helps build your confidence. It's all completely up to you, choose the subject you enjoy the most, or the subject you think will help you more with whatever you want to be when you are older. Sorry if this wasn't helpful as I know you wanted a straight answer!
Original post by ktech5
I’m filling out my options form today and I’m quite set on my future job: an architect.

In our school we have 4 options, I have chosen:
Geography
D&T
Art&Design

I need a last option, however I don’t really want to do anything else.
But if I have to, Ive narrowed my options down to Drama and Food Tech.

I’ve heard these two are very time consuming and I guess it would be a bad idea to do one with DT and Art. I’m good at managing time however and would honestly just deal with the work.

I enjoy both equally, I prefer the Drama teachers though but I feel like Food Tech is more relevant to real life.

Anyone who’s done any of these two could give me any advice or personal experiences with them? Thanks 😂😂

i have the EXACT same problem exept i want to do both of them. they are both very time consuming as you are usually expected to practice at break and lunch times. i wrote a list of the good and the bad of both to compare them
i still dont know what to do but remember, regardless of what you choose you can always take drama/ food tech courses lessons ect outside of school

Quick Reply

Latest