The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi I was stupid enough to give my bank details away for more money ..I regret it
Oops that was anonymous 🤣
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I was stupid enough to give my bank details away for more money ..I regret it

Did you get caught then
The bank was suspicious but obviously because of corona I can’t really give an evidence etc so they think it’s all me right now
Original post by Emerald2903
The bank was suspicious but obviously because of corona I can’t really give an evidence etc so they think it’s all me right now

Have you got online banking
All blocked now
All blocked now

Visit them in branch and explain it wasn’t you show all the proof
Hi I'm in the same situation Santander closed my account and called me a risk...what's it like having a cifas marker.i get panic attacks thinking about the whole situation and my family are worried for me aswell

It’s really **** having 1 truss
Original post by Theofficialpv
the bank just decided to remove the cifas marker , i was at fault to be honest but if you get a cifas marker dont leave them alone keep making complaints and prove your innocence, i repeat DONT STOP MAKING COMPLAINT

Made a complaint to Barclays to remove it they said I have to go in branch
Ok after corona I’m gonna gather all my evidence and show them
Ok after corona I’m gonna gather all my evidence and show them

Yeah defo in the meantime apply for a prepaid card as back up
Same with me I banked with Santander they closed my account and said I was a risk is their anyway I can prove my innocence and remove the marker Also to anyone who has the marker what is it like?
Same with me I banked with Santander they closed my account and said I was a risk is their anyway I can prove my innocence and remove the marker Also to anyone who has the marker what is it like?

Yeah when you got time keep making complaints banks don’t like that and living with it is really it would affect your credit rent mortgage jobs loans phone contracts etc its really hard getting day by day did you receive this letter
Attachment not found
I received a letter from the bank but I’m gonna keep complaining etc and oh lord I’m gonna struggle when i turn 18
(edited 3 years ago)
I received a letter from the bank but I’m gonna keep complaining etc and oh lord I’m gonna struggle when i turn 18

What did the letter say and it’s worse when you turn 18 they run credit checks
That they’re closing my bank account basically and I’m no longer welcome to bank with them
That they’re closing my bank account basically and I’m no longer welcome to bank with them

Stress you need to get a prepaid card asap if that’s the case sorry to hear
Original post by Anonymous
So I lost a large sum of money when I turned 16 on my birthday and I was so sad and angry that my first decision was to get my good friend who does fraud to help me. (STUPID I KNOW).
The bank found out and closed my account and I don't think I had any money left and I didn't have my card so I didn't end up going to close it myself when they sent me a letter to come and collect. I was too scared and ashamed to go.

I regretted it so much and tried to forget it and so a few months later I wanted to start over I went to open a new account with 2 other banks and they both rejected me and one told me to contact CIFAS. I couldn't bring myself to do it so I'm still trying to forget it.
I was so stressed I lost a chunk of weight and didn’t sleep or eat well last month. My dad wants to be giving me money for my piano lessons but I’m insisting on cash. I can not tell him. I can’t. I can’t. I don’t want to get hurt. I don’t know what to do now and I have so many questions.

Will this affect me going to college? Getting a job in college? My uni with loans and benefits? will this affect my credit score? I know the mark stays for 6 years and waiting sounds a whole lot better than telling my parents (yes its that bad) I can’t get it reversed because they put it there rightfully so for me there’s no point. I want another account with a card but I doubt I’ll receive one.

(P.S I have a savings account in my parent's name so will that do? If it gets transferred to me when I'm 18 will they cancel it?)

the bank just decided to remove the cifas marker , i was at fault to be honest but if you get a cifas marker dont leave them alone keep making complaints and prove your innocence, i repeat DONT STOP MAKING COMPLAINT

how did you got it removed? I haven’t got one just yet as my bank is blocked and I have to go the bank to withdraw my money than my account will be closed

whst did you say to them to get them to remove it? can you private message me please i really need help
How do I make a complaint

Latest

Trending

Trending