The Student Room Group

Driving test in two weeks... any tips?

I’ve had 40.5hours, recently changed instructors because with my first one whenever I mentioned my test he’d say your nearly ready and change the subject. On my first two hour lesson with my new instructor we done a mock test, soon as we had finished she said book your test. She said she has no idea why your old instructor would keep saying your ‘nearly ready’ a few people warned me to make sure he wasn’t stringing me on longer for money. So my test is booked for the 6th, I’ve got a few lessons with her next week, but I’m worried my nerves will get the better of me! 😬 any tips?
You can't win against nerves, just fight them. People here have taken drugs to deal with them, wouldn't recommend it, IMO if you need drugs to settle down on the road then you shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car. It's rough, but you're obviously confident in your ability and that's why you ignored your first instructor, crack on and capitalise on that.
Reply 2
Oh no I wouldn’t take drugs let alone behind a wheel. I’ve got some Bach flower prepared, whether that makes a difference or not will soon see
Reply 3
Original post by Zoefj30
I’ve had 40.5hours, recently changed instructors because with my first one whenever I mentioned my test he’d say your nearly ready and change the subject. On my first two hour lesson with my new instructor we done a mock test, soon as we had finished she said book your test. She said she has no idea why your old instructor would keep saying your ‘nearly ready’ a few people warned me to make sure he wasn’t stringing me on longer for money. So my test is booked for the 6th, I’ve got a few lessons with her next week, but I’m worried my nerves will get the better of me! 😬 any tips?

I was really really nervous for my test, literally the hour before my instructor had to slam the brakes because I wasn’t paying attention. Expect to make lots of mistakes a few lessons before the test, it’s completely normal. But as soon as I met my examiner, I acted confident (I wasn’t really), but this made him feel comfortable so he started making conversation with me etc and after a few minutes I genuinely did feel confident! If you feel sick just before your test I’d recommend having some chewing gum, it kinda distracted me from my nerves!!
It’s over sooo soon, believe in yourself! :wink:
Reply 4
Thanks, I think I have to keep telling myself just treat it like I’m out with my instructor. I usually chew gum on lessons which I’ve found has helped so hopefully it does for me on the day too 😌

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending