The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Please! Someone help! Is there acapella trials at surrey uni??

Ever since I was 5 i've been obsessed with using my mouth to create beautiful music. i came from a poor family so instruments weren't an option. I've perfected the art of using my mouth as a base guitar, flute and drums.
Would I be able to participate in an acapella group at surrey university. If not, which universities offer this as a sign up.
Thank you.
SkylarFan signing out.
pitch.perfect.2.140521.jpg
Original post by SkylarFan
Ever since I was 5 i've been obsessed with using my mouth to create beautiful music. i came from a poor family so instruments weren't an option. I've perfected the art of using my mouth as a base guitar, flute and drums.
Would I be able to participate in an acapella group at surrey university. If not, which universities offer this as a sign up.
Thank you.
SkylarFan signing out.
pitch.perfect.2.140521.jpg

Hey @SkylarFan,

At the moment we don't have a specific acapella society, but we do have a wide range of musical societies which I'm sure would appreciate your talents! You can see the full list of clubs and societies currently on offer at Surrey here.

Although there isn't currently an acapella group, students are more than welcome to set up their own societies. The Students' Union are happy to help guide you through this easy process, and I'm sure there would be interest in it as the Pitch Perfect films have really increased the popularity of acapella singing :smile:

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by University of Surrey
Hey @SkylarFan,

At the moment we don't have a specific acapella society, but we do have a wide range of musical societies which I'm sure would appreciate your talents! You can see the full list of clubs and societies currently on offer at Surrey here.

Although there isn't currently an acapella group, students are more than welcome to set up their own societies. The Students' Union are happy to help guide you through this easy process, and I'm sure there would be interest in it as the Pitch Perfect films have really increased the popularity of acapella singing :smile:

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley

Signing back in! SkylarFan,
OMG Ashley you know about Pitch Perfect too!!! I cant believe ive finally found my acapella partner in crime. I have so many questions, lets start off with your favourite character!
SkylarFan Signing out, BeamMeOutScotty
Original post by SkylarFan
Signing back in! SkylarFan,
OMG Ashley you know about Pitch Perfect too!!! I cant believe ive finally found my acapella partner in crime. I have so many questions, lets start off with your favourite character!
SkylarFan Signing out, BeamMeOutScotty

Hmm, I'd have to say Fat Amy, Chloe and Jesse are my favourite characters! I also have a soft spot for Benji, because he never gives up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending