The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
i really can't help you, as i am just another applicant.. but would you mind telling me if they contacted you by post or e-mail?

thanks, and good luck :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
It will be a good idea to consider the questions they ask before answering. And when you answer, consider the different aspects of the question and do NOT rattle off everything you know. That doesn't demonstrate anything except your fantastic memorisation skills.
Reply 3
Sijia
It will be a good idea to consider the questions they ask before answering. And when you answer, consider the different aspects of the question and do NOT rattle off everything you know. That doesn't demonstrate anything except your fantastic memorisation skills.

Definitely. Think a bit, and try not to panic - easier said than done if its your first interview.

Go over your work and have an idea of the topic areas they may bring up, but from experience, its really not a good idea to put together pre-prepared answers. You're not trying to impress them with a brilliant response to every question they ask, you simply want to have a discussion; ask questions if possible, and obviously avoid yes/no answers where possible.

At the end of the day, they have probably already decided that you're perfectly competent with regards to the subject, they just want to see that you're somewhat enthusiastic and easy to communicate with.
Reply 4
oh ok,

ye iw ill just try and bluff it to be honest :-p

And i got my interview offer by post

=)
Reply 5
Hey guys just another thing i was wondering,

are places for this course competitive?

thanks

=)
Reply 6
The War studies dept is one of the best in the country. Do not make the mistake thinking that a joint degree is going to be less competitive than a single degree. So it's about 12-16 applicants per place.
Reply 7
I went for interview a couple of weeks ago and got an offer for war studies. Prepare for the key questions "why Kings/War studies" and be prepared to accept where you're wrong without being weak (one of the other guys there argued that a bar brawl was a war). Other than that, smile lots and be confident. I'm not sure whether I'll choose Kings over Birmingham though. Any other questions just ask.
Reply 8
Hey Bobz13, I will be helping out with the Interviews on Wednesday. Perhaps will see you there. :smile:
Got my War Studies + History interview on Wednesday as well. Quite looking forward to it. Can you enlighten me as to how its' done though? Group discussion or one-to-one interview?
Reply 10
There will be 2 interviewers and the usual questions one might encounter in an interview. I can't say more than that, as situations vary completely!
Reply 11
Yeah I had a good cop, bad cop thing. Except the good cop wouldn't speak and the bad cop wouldn't shut up.
Reply 12
Hey guys,

mine went ok, i only had one uy in the interview he seemed pretty nice,

just waiting on the news now

=)

Latest