The Student Room Group
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website

University of Buckingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Applications to places ratio 10:1. (http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/buckingham)
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
10:1? Wow, does that into account clearing by any slim chance? aha
Reply 22
No idea sorry hahaa I dont work there or anything xD Just someone applying for 2012 entry :P!!
I wouldn't trust that as I was told Buckingham don't have a cap on the students they can take as they're a private university. Contact the university directly to find out, I've spoken to them a number of times as I had an offer there last year (but had to decline due to their higher fees) and they're so friendly and helpful, I couldn't recommend them more. I'm hoping to start there in January though, my current course just isn't right for me. But good luck to anyone else applying!
Reply 24
i am looking for mba ..my profile looks like this:
exp:2 years in IT and 7 months in family business
gmat:610
Under grad-engineering 65.67%

I am from india and is looking for a good univ with lower fees...i am confused between MEM from UTS SYdney /MBA from Univ of Buckingham....suggestions?? long term career plan : well leave it to future...no idea!!!!!!!!
Reply 25
Who else has applied for Uni of Buckingham and is starting in 2012 ?

Im studying Psychology with Business management :tongue:
Original post by Tayzaa

I emailed the head of the English department and I was already told I could have a place. Unfortunately there's no way I'd be able to find the extra money for the fees so I'm just going to have to go elsewhere even though it's my dream course. :/
Reply 27
Original post by Tayzaa

Meeee :smile: For Psychology - Are you going to the open day on the 16th?
anyone else concerned about the entry requirements being so low?
Original post by future barrister
anyone else concerned about the entry requirements being so low?

It's not funded by the government...
Original post by Tayzaa

i am starting in september 2012 to study economics and french :smile:
Reply 31
Anyone still after info on the uni am a current student?
Reply 32
Thanks for the offering info on Buckingham. I am current offer holder. My school sneered when I told them I was considering. Asked me why I would ever consider when I have offers from City, B'ham and Bristol. What can I say? I visited, had the tour, spoke with faculty, etc. It appears to me you get more for your money at Buckingham.
With that said, can you speak to the quality of academics, do they really deliver more than any other university? also, whats is the work load like, can you manage to work part time. And, is it realistic to pack 2 years into 3?
When I visited I noticed there were very few Brits there. One lecture hall (law) was almost entirely African. Lastly, how is the social life? Is it really as dismal as others have described?
Hi, I attend the University of Buckingham. I am studying English, The university class size is very good there is only 7 in most of my tutorials.

I am very happy with the social life, it is small abit like a giant sixth form but its fun :smile:

The only problem with the university is the accommodation I stayed at Hallisham, my bed was only a single bed and the kitchens were shared between 22 people in a block.

After my first year I moved out via the student letting agency Student Keys. I then got a double bed :smile: All Bills included with fast broadband.

I would say that before you move to buckingham it is important to contact them and see if they can help you.
Reply 34
Who is attending university of buckingham starting in 2016?
Hello,
I'm considering applying to the University of Buckingham but I have a few doubts. The school happens to be one of the few schools that offer the Fast Track program and that's the main thing attracting me to it. I'm US citizen and I would appreciate if anyone can give me a little information about the school. Like is it respected in terms of education? Is it a good school? How does it compete with the likes of Staffordshire, Northampton?
Reply 36
Hello,
I have applied to the University of Buckingham for the Medicine MB ChB programme. I passed the first examination and was asked to attend selection day. However, I do have a few questions about this program. If anyone could help me out that would be great!

This course takes about 4.5 years to complete. After it is completed, am I ready to do my residence? am i already a doctor? Do i have to complete 4 more years of medical school or something like that? Because in the US you graduate high school and do 4 years of university plus 4 years of medical school. How come this is only 4.5 years and you are already ready to become a doctor, do they prepare you well enough?
Hi Everyone,
I am going to Buckingham in September 2015, I am studying business and am based in the UK (18 Years Old), anyone who is going in September and wants to have a chat please let me know, would be nice to know someone before I arrive! :smile:
Joe
Reply 38
Hey joe. I'm also starting this year september. I'm studying communication and media journalism 😁
Reply 39
Original post by JoeCreese
Hi Everyone,
I am going to Buckingham in September 2015, I am studying business and am based in the UK (18 Years Old), anyone who is going in September and wants to have a chat please let me know, would be nice to know someone before I arrive! :smile:
Joe

Hey joe. I'm also starting this year september. I'm studying communication and media journalism 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending