The Student Room Group

How well do you feel your school is helping you with your GCSEs?

This poll is closed

How well do you feel your school is helping you with your GCSes?

Excellently, tons of useful help is provided whenever I need it. 0%
Good, lots of help. 8%
Could be better, having to seek help from external sources though. 42%
Teaching the course and not helping with revising at all. Don't feel supported. 8%
Help is provided, but not in the right areas. Emphasis where it is not needed. 17%
Depends on the teacher. Some provide lots of help, some just teach the course.25%
Total votes: 12
Title is pretty self explanatory. I'm interested to see how this varies from student to student.
Original post by Aseeb Tariq
This is too vague. For some subjects, the teachers are doing a pretty good job at helping us with our GCSEs whereas others not so much. For instance, my English teacher is pretty damn good at teaching and has given us a sufficient amount of homework and advice whereas our Science teacher hasn't done so much in terms of teaching and providing homework, in fact all the science teachers for Combined Science pretty much suck at teaching, consequently I'm having to do a lot of the stuff myself at home. Fortunately, I actually do good on my science exams when I put in revision, not gonna lie the amount of content in science is alarming, so I can't really blame the teachers. I'm good at memorising large amounts of details so I'm absolutely certain that I'll pass Science.

My English teacher doesn't give us any extra work to help for our GCSEs, which sucks since English isn't really a subject where you learn facts but more where you do lots of practice. The fact that he never marks work we do in class is especially frustrating. We've got loads of exam questions and worksheets for maths and sciences, however, which is helpful.
Reply 2
my teachers are crap. i have my exams this year and for about 4 of my subjects i had no teacher for a a good number of weeks and this has messed up my notes and my learning

Quick Reply

Latest