The Student Room Group

Can i drop out of sixth form

before you answer please read my whole situation. for 7 years i struggled a lot with school, i hated it completely and couldn’t bear the difficulty of school at all. last year i got diagnosed with adhd and started getting medication for it and i feel like all my problems were solved. i did a level maths last year at school and had a talk with my teacher to do physics and chemcistry this year. however after returning to school i’ve noticed how less efficient my time is. i don’t revise anywhere as good at school as i do at home and with my medication i only have a specific time frame to revise in the first place. I would prefer to stay at home and revise at home rather than going to school as i feel like a lot of my time is being wasted at school. Is this a good idea and is it possible to study at home rather than at school ?
Original post by kasraroshani
before you answer please read my whole situation. for 7 years i struggled a lot with school, i hated it completely and couldn’t bear the difficulty of school at all. last year i got diagnosed with adhd and started getting medication for it and i feel like all my problems were solved. i did a level maths last year at school and had a talk with my teacher to do physics and chemcistry this year. however after returning to school i’ve noticed how less efficient my time is. i don’t revise anywhere as good at school as i do at home and with my medication i only have a specific time frame to revise in the first place. I would prefer to stay at home and revise at home rather than going to school as i feel like a lot of my time is being wasted at school. Is this a good idea and is it possible to study at home rather than at school ?

Hiya, I know how you feel. My autism didn't mix well with school, I had panic attacks every day before going into school. I left and started home-schooling for my GCSEs, however, the way you GCSEs and A levels asses you is not fair, multiple years in a few hours, not fair one bit. That's the reason for me dropping out of A levels in the first week to start an OU degree, you are assessed modularly, not on one day. And you have up to 16 years to complete the degree, so if you need a break to focus on your mental health, you can! Hope this helps, you aren't alone in your struggle! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending