The Student Room Group

I need advice someone help (exam technique) are GCSEs impossible?

Is it possible to go from a grade 4/5 to 7/8 even if you feel like you can only reach a grade 6 by revising non stop!!!!
Can someone give me advice on how to improve my exam technique and structuring answers
no.
I feel the same way.
I took GCSE's two years ago now. I don't really understand the numbers too much, but here is some advice for you.

Biggest tip. Don't revise too much. By that I mean excessive. Your brain will soak things in at the start of a revision session because it's a new bit of learning, and at the end because it's the last bit of learning you have done. Break your time up into 30-60 minute blocks maybe once or twice a day. No more.

Also, spread out your revision over subjects. Don't do one subject all at once, because you'll get burnt out. And you don't want to get burnt out.

Finally, if you are struggling structuring answers, take an example question to your teacher and ask them to go through how they would answer it. They know best.

Good luck! Nothing is impossible, trust me!
Original post by Emily09857
Is it possible to go from a grade 4/5 to 7/8 even if you feel like you can only reach a grade 6 by revising non stop!!!!
Can someone give me advice on how to improve my exam technique and structuring answers

Yes ofc it's possible exams and revision are HUGELY about mindset (obvs do some work too!) Maybe not revising non stop, but revising efficiently will help. For exam technique, do past papers, look at mark schemes and read examiners reports. And makes sure you review stuff regularly so important! I do a level maths- and for each paper I've made a "silly mistakes" sheet so I don't make the same mistakes again and this can work for any subject :smile: You can do this, best of luck :biggrin:
Original post by Sufyaan65
no.

Of course it's possible
Original post by sunshine774
Of course it's possible

I said
NO.
I said
NO.

Well I'm sorry to break it to you, but
YOU'RE WRONG
Original post by sunshine774
Well I'm sorry to break it to you, but
YOU'RE WRONG

no u
no u

What? You are wrong, it is possible, end of story. :smile:
I went from a grade 5 in maths to a grade 8 in a term, so anything is possible.

Quick Reply

Latest