or

1.6 SXi 16v 3dr Vauxhall Astra (2007)

??

Also, what's nicer, red or black?

Loads of opinions wanted, please!

Black Honda Civic!!!!!!!!!
Reply 1581
FutureMedic!
Arrggghhh i remember posting in this forum looking for my first car (04 corsa)... but alas Collin (my first car) was written off on saturday, through no fault of my own, so i'm currently in the market for my second car. looking to spend £5000ish... any suggestions?

Mitsubish Colt - 05' - 07' on AutoTrader are going for under £5000
Ford Fiesta - 05'

Another Corsa?
Reply 1582
FutureMedic!
Arrggghhh i remember posting in this forum looking for my first car (04 corsa)... but alas Collin (my first car) was written off on saturday, through no fault of my own, so i'm currently in the market for my second car. looking to spend £5000ish... any suggestions?

Focus, Golf or Astra
Reply 1583
Heeeeeeeeeeelp? I'm an 18 year old girl. Cant decide which car to get, either a Ford KA or Renault Clio. Don't know much about car's. Either would be a 1998/1999 reg though :smile:
Get a Vauxhall Corsa!

-the Ford KA is just soo small and note safe at all lol.

-the Renault Clio has too many engine problems, let alone a 1998/1999.

Also - how much money you got to spend?
VW Golf? VW are safe and reliable...
Just noticed, this is the wrong section haha :p:

Mod should move it soon tho, youll get more help in the Motoring section! :biggrin:
Dark-Myth
VW Golf? VW are safe and reliable...

The insurance on it as a first car so isn't worth it. Especially a 1999 one. Go for: VW Polo, VW Lupo, Vauxhall Corsa, Toyota Yaris (vouch for this last one - fantastic little cars, very reliable and cheap to insure!)
I know someone who got a 3 year old Clio as their first car and within the first year it broken down about 4 times...a lot of people have said they've had a lot of engine problems and other things...

I agree with the first poster - get a Corsa - theyre fantastic and cheap to run etc :smile:
Get a Ka! I had one for my first car and it was great, and mine was a 2000 reg. Only problem to look out for is rust, which happens with a lot of older fords.
win2kpro
Get a Vauxhall Corsa!

-the Renault Clio has too many engine problems, let alone a 1998/1999.

Also - how much money you got to spend?

Not SAFE?!

I have a ford KA and i've never felt unsafe. Infact i think its a really nice car to drive. I love my KA :smile:

They do tend to suffer from rust though, so get it checked out before you buy.
Reply 1591
win2kpro
Get a Vauxhall Corsa!

Well, aside from them being pretty similar in size, a Corsa of that age is no safer in the ncap crash tests than a KA.

At that kind of age, assuming you want a small car, I'd be going for the KA/Fiesta or a VW Polo.
You're not going to get a useful answer here, as has been demonstrated people can't even stick to the options you've provided. Go and have a look at some, looking at a second hand car doesn't mean you have to buy it, to see what things you like and dislike about them. It's probably best to have a look at them at an auction or something like that if you can rather than waste someone's time though.

jjackson18624
Not SAFE?!
I have a ford KA and i've never felt unsafe.

That's got nothing to do with whether the car is actually safe. Just because it doesn't wobble around all over the place doesn't mean it won't crumple like tin foil in a crash.
I'm not saying they do, the 3-star NCAP rating isn't terrible for a small car of that age (though the Clio has 4 stars), but your post is silly.
Personally, I'd rather a clio. :smile:
Reply 1594
win2kpro
Just noticed, this is the wrong section haha :p:

Mod should move it soon tho, youll get more help in the Motoring section! :biggrin:

Whoops! I'm a bit new at this! :|
Got a Ka 1.3 and love it, never let me down. Thats not to say the Clio isn't a nice car too though, I'm sure you'd be happy with either as a first car.
Get the clio :smile:
Reply 1597
I have a 2002 ka and i love it!

Don't go French :P
I'd get a KA over the Clio.
I hoping to get the new shape Corsa as my 1st car.. Do people think its worth it?? I might be travelling from London to Liverpool alot so I need a reliable car hehe :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending