The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Another accommodation thread!

Okay so I'm going into my 3rd year at Hudds! Stayed in Ashenhurst in my 1st year, sharing a house with 6 friends this year but next year I'm not sure what to do? My current housemates are away on placement next year leaving me housemate-less! Been looking on the letting/house sharing sites and viewed a few properties but not found anything I've liked or that have been affordable. Need to get sorted out asap!

Any ideas peeps? Do I go back to living in Ashenhurst after the luxury of sharing with people I know in a house? The other student halls are too expensive for my budget! Or do I carry on looking for house shares?

Budget is really £65ish p/w and I'm after a double room. Hmmm...
Reply 1
I know I'll be back at Storthes for final year even after living with 2 mates (now 1 mate). If you find someone to get a house with, don't go with Go Haven for the housing - they're rather slow at getting things sorted.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeh.. trying to stay away from agencies and find a private landlord : )
Reply 3
Anth
I know I'll be back at Storthes for final year even after living with 2 mates (now 1 mate). If you find someone to get a house with, don't go with Go Haven for the housing - they're rather slow at getting things sorted.

go haven are only slow at sending out the contracts. other than that, i've had no trouble with them. i found my current house through them and the one i'll be living in next year through them too.
Reply 4
Sorted now guys. found a house with a private landlord. £45 for a double room, bills included. Can't complain : )
Reply 5
kobrakai
go haven are only slow at sending out the contracts. other than that, i've had no trouble with them. i found my current house through them and the one i'll be living in next year through them too.

Had Azi from Go Haven and the landlord out today (ok, yesterday) about a problem with the house we were told would be fixed before we moved in in September that still hasnt been fixed. We were supposed to get radiators before we moved in, we got them end of January. Numerous repair jobs that we told them about in July (when we got the keys) still havent been fixed by them - we havent seen their repair bloke since November, so its just as well we can repair most things by ourselves.

Storthes Hall 09/10 for certain!

Latest

Trending

Trending