The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

manDarinka
Whats clearing?
does it mean even if you reject the other ofeers initially you can call them up and ask to get you back? :s-smilie:

This will tell you everything you need to know about clearing -

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Guide_to_Clearing
manDarinka
Whats clearing?
does it mean even if you reject the other ofeers initially you can call them up and ask to get you back? :s-smilie:

clearing is when you get rejected from your insurance and firm; if a university has extra spaces then you can call up and ask if they'll accept you

there's a clearing wiki on here
Reply 22
manDarinka
Whats clearing?

Clearing is where all the universities put up a list of their courses which still have spaces. They drop their entry requirements by a grade or two in order to fill the spaces. In my case - I never applied to Reading, but they would have wanted AAB initially. Through clearing, they took me with ABB

I didn't call up the other universities who initially made me offers through clearing - that was off my own back. They made me offers, so it was definitely worth a try. None of them had spaces in clearing though which I think was a pretty telling sign that they would probably not take me.

Saying that, my other AAB offer said they would still take me - but it was too far away from here - I have to stay close to hom for medical reasons that arose after the initial application process. So I went through clearing instead.

Latest

Trending

Trending