The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

am i likely to get into lancaster university for computer science?

So i am currently predicted A* A* A and my teachers have said that my personal statement is strong. I have 4x9s and 3x8s for my gcse grades and lancaster is my safety uni. Am I likely to get an offer? I just want 1 uni that can be my worst case scenario
you’re concerned that you won’t get in with these grades? i’d be more concerned about your total lack of self confidence as that won’t get you anywhere either. although it’s more likely that you know these grades are higher than average.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
you’re concerned that you won’t get in with these grades? i’d be more concerned about your total lack of self confidence as that won’t get you anywhere either. although it’s more likely that you know these grades are higher than average.

no im not trying to sound cocky or anything. My brother was predicted A*AA and got rejected by them so I was just trying to see if i should change uni choice or not
Original post by Anonymous #1
So i am currently predicted A* A* A and my teachers have said that my personal statement is strong. I have 4x9s and 3x8s for my gcse grades and lancaster is my safety uni. Am I likely to get an offer? I just want 1 uni that can be my worst case scenario

Hey Anon,
The required grade to apply for BSc Computer Science is AAB, and for MSc Comp Sci or with industrial experience is higher.
However, with your predicted grades, you have a very good chance of receiving a conditional offer from Lancaster for anything you apply for in the Computer Science field.
I had the same predicted and had made Lancaster my insurance for Computer Science as well.
I hope this helps and please let me know if there is anything else I can answer.

Vyomika
LU Student Ambassador
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1

Yes you would meet the grade requirements. Id wait and see what offers come in first if you are applying for 2024 start, then make the decision from there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending