The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Best on campus Accommodation ?

Hi guys,

Currently looking at the accommodation offered at university, and im wondering what people would recommend out of personal experience. Also, is there a way to check which courses are on which campuses? The map is quite confusing lol

I will be studying Creative Music Technology if anyone is wondering :smile:

thanks !
Original post by VoluntarySuccess
Hi guys,

Currently looking at the accommodation offered at university, and im wondering what people would recommend out of personal experience. Also, is there a way to check which courses are on which campuses? The map is quite confusing lol

I will be studying Creative Music Technology if anyone is wondering :smile:

thanks !

Hi @VoluntarySuccess,

Accommodation is allocated by band (Band A, B, C etc) rather than you being able to pick which court of residence you'd like to live in. Most Band D accommodation is in Manor Park, but there's also some on the Stag Hill campus (in Twyford Court and University Court). I myself lived in Twyford Court and enjoyed living there. Living on the Stag Hill campus was really handy as it was easy to get to class for 9am lectures, a 10 minute walk into town, and close to the library and other resources on campus. However, Manor Park rooms are a bit bigger, more modern and you're closer to the Sports Park which is handy if you're a member of any of the clubs that train there.

In terms of which campus the courses are taught on, basically every undergraduate course other than Veterinary Medicine/Veterinary Biosciences are taught on our Stag Hill campus. Manor Park houses the Sports Park and Vet School, and a bar/restaurant too :smile:

I hope this helps clear things up a bit! If you have any questions just let me know :biggrin:

All the best,
Ashley
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by University of Surrey
Hi @VoluntarySuccess,

Accommodation is allocated by band (Band A, B, C etc) rather than you being able to pick which court of residence you'd like to live in. Most Band D accommodation is in Manor Park, but there's also some on the Stag Hill campus (in Twyford Court and University Court). I myself lived in Twyford Court and enjoyed living there. Living on the Stag Hill campus was really handy as it was easy to get to class for 9am lectures, a 10 minute walk into town, and close to the library and other resources on campus. However, Manor Park rooms are a bit bigger, more modern and you're closer to the Sports Park which is handy if you're a member of any of the clubs that train there.

In terms of which campus the courses are taught on, basically every undergraduate course other than Veterinary Medicine/Veterinary Biosciences are taught on our Stag Hill campus. Manor Park houses the Sports Park and Vet School, and a bar/restaurant too :smile:

I hope this helps clear things up a bit! If you have any questions just let me know :biggrin:

All the best,
Ashley

Thank you , i just sent you a personal message !
Original post by VoluntarySuccess
Thank you , i just sent you a personal message !

No probs! I've now replied to your PM :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending