The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick biochemistry

I have a place to study biochemistry at the university of Warwick in September, I visited the campus and Gibbet hill campus during an open day last year so I know the layout. Does anyone know if lectures can be held anywhere on campus or will I be based entirely on Gibbet hill. I need to decide where is best for accommodation as I struggle with walking very far. I don’t mind living in lakeside village if I can get a bus from the interchange to Gibbet hill campus, but if buses aren’t available I would have to be closer to Gibbet hill. It seems lakeside is good if I’m based on both campuses, so I can walk to main campus/get the bus to Gibbet hill? Does anyone have any advice on this? Of course accommodation such as bluebell is best for location but I can’t afford the price.
hey im doing biochem in september as well and when i went for the offer holder day i spoke to a lecturer who said that the lectures will mainly be on gibbet hill but the chemistry ones will be on central campus. Not sure how many chem lectures there will be tho and I've put cryfield standard as my top choice for accommodation bc its quite close to both the central campus and gibbet hill and its also quite affordable
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Biogeo07
I have a place to study biochemistry at the university of Warwick in September, I visited the campus and Gibbet hill campus during an open day last year so I know the layout. Does anyone know if lectures can be held anywhere on campus or will I be based entirely on Gibbet hill. I need to decide where is best for accommodation as I struggle with walking very far. I don’t mind living in lakeside village if I can get a bus from the interchange to Gibbet hill campus, but if buses aren’t available I would have to be closer to Gibbet hill. It seems lakeside is good if I’m based on both campuses, so I can walk to main campus/get the bus to Gibbet hill? Does anyone have any advice on this? Of course accommodation such as bluebell is best for location but I can’t afford the price.

Hi there,

Generally, life science lectures will be held at Gibbet Hill, whereas the chemistry lectures will be held at various locations around main campus. In terms of accommodation, everywhere is pretty accessible and within walking distance. I would recommend Central Campus Halls of Residence as they are in the heart of campus and local to all amenities and bus stops (if you plan to get the bus to Gibbet Hill). The buses are frequent and there are plenty of buses that will take you to and from Gibbet Hill to main campus.

Hope this helps :smile:

Jess
Original post by Biogeo07

Hi,

Just to add one thing to what Jess has said, if you're looking for a lower price accommodation that's convenient for Gibbet Hill, Rootes accommodation is ideal. It's one of the lower priced ones and is across the path from bluebell, so also about 10 min wall down the path to gibbet Hill, but also very close to the bus stop (about 3 mins walk).

The buses are normally around every 15-20 mins but it's not a shuttle bus, I believe it's just the normal bus.

Hope this helps.

Davina
Original post by euphoricrora
hey im doing biochem in september as well and when i went for the offer holder day i spoke to a lecturer who said that the lectures will mainly be on gibbet hill but the chemistry ones will be on central campus. Not sure how many chem lectures there will be tho and I've put cryfield standard as my top choice for accommodation bc its quite close to both the central campus and gibbet hill and its also quite affordable

How quickly did your offer come through? Hoping all the good accommodation won't be snapped up

Quick Reply

Latest