The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 1 (7192/1) - 22nd May [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by izzy4509x
im super nervous for paper 2 tbh like out of all of them, we do family and beliefs and I know the content and there's no 30 marker but i find the questions annoying haha, at least paper 2 and 3 are ages away they're my last 2 exams in general

samee. Especially beliefs, there’s so many events and scholars to remember it’s annoying.
Reply 41
Original post by veraaloe
How do you guys structure your 10 and 30 markers for education ? My teachers teach me different plans and idk what to use

10 marker is 2 big paragraphs no intro and conclusion. 30 marker: intro then i try to do 5-6 paragraphs then conclusion evaluating in every paragraph even if it's 1 line.
Reply 42
Original post by 16bhatam
10 marker is 2 big paragraphs no intro and conclusion. 30 marker: intro then i try to do 5-6 paragraphs then conclusion evaluating in every paragraph even if it's 1 line.

Do you have mnemonic like PEEALE or PERC that you use for your 10 marker or 30 marker ?
Reply 43
guys, do you think the 30 marker would be on globalisation and education?
Reply 44
Original post by um :0
guys, do you think the 30 marker would be on globalisation and education?

oooo that's a shout tbh, adding to my list of essay plans to do haha
Reply 45

i dont have much to say about this one, what would u say?
Reply 46
Original post by um :0
i dont have much to say about this one, what would u say?

yeah tbh I would be surprised if it came up as a 30 marker because there'd barely be enough too many people would end up having to waffle, id link it mostly to marketisation, the new right/neoliberalism but yeah there isn't a ton tbh, they could do globalisation for the 4 or 6 or 10 marker tho
Reply 47
yeah tbh I would be surprised if it came up as a 30 marker because there'd barely be enough too many people would end up having to waffle, id link it mostly to marketisation, the new right/neoliberalism but yeah there isn't a ton tbh, they could do globalisation for the 4 or 6 or 10 marker tho

yeahh thats true hopefully it wont be this
Reply 48
Hi all,

I was just wondering if any of you know the questions for any of the 2022 papers, i'm not attached to a school as i am being taught it online so have no access to the questions.

Thanks!
any 30 marker predictions, im thinking gender idenitity
Reply 50
Original post by Hellokitty123abc
any 30 marker predictions, im thinking gender idenitity

ive also heard it could either be globalisation or social class (could also be ethnicity) cos they havent appeared much/not recently
Reply 51
Original post by lovedaycorden
There's been very little on relationships and processed w/in schools so i think it could be something like 'evaluate the view that relationships and processes within schools have the biggest impact of pupil achievement"

i think it could be on factors affecting gender subject choice
Original post by loulai_
ive also heard it could either be globalisation or social class (could also be ethnicity) cos they havent appeared much/not recently

Possibly could be impact of globalisation on marketisation policies

Can you share the list pls
Reply 54
Original post by studynutella
Can you share the list pls

30 markers:

Evaluate the view that relationships and processes within schools have the biggest impact on pupil achievement

Evaluate sociological explanations for differences in subject choice by gender.

Evaluate sociological explanations for the role of the education system.

Evaluate the claim that although girls outperform boys in terms of achievement, the experience of schooling reinforces traditional gender identity.

Evaluate the view that gender differences in education are mostly due to factors within the education system.

Evaluate the view that social class differences in education are mostly due to factors within the education system.

Evaluate the view that ethnic differences in education are mostly due to factors within the education system.

Evaluate the view that conflict theories are more useful in our understanding of the education system compared to consensus theories.
Reply 55
30 markers:

Evaluate the view that relationships and processes within schools have the biggest impact on pupil achievement

Evaluate sociological explanations for differences in subject choice by gender.

Evaluate sociological explanations for the role of the education system.

Evaluate the claim that although girls outperform boys in terms of achievement, the experience of schooling reinforces traditional gender identity.

Evaluate the view that gender differences in education are mostly due to factors within the education system.

Evaluate the view that social class differences in education are mostly due to factors within the education system.

Evaluate the view that ethnic differences in education are mostly due to factors within the education system.

Evaluate the view that conflict theories are more useful in our understanding of the education system compared to consensus theories.

Literal Lifesaver!
Reply 56
Also, what structure do you guys do for the Theory and Methods 10 marker at the end? I think my answers are looking quite vague
I'm the same, I write 2 paragraphs and throw a sociologist or study into one of my points. I don't include A03 but I tend to just waffle in that last question

Original post by veraaloe
Also, what structure do you guys do for the Theory and Methods 10 marker at the end? I think my answers are looking quite vague
Original post by mia.j
Hi all,

I was just wondering if any of you know the questions for any of the 2022 papers, i'm not attached to a school as i am being taught it online so have no access to the questions.

Thanks!

Yeah this would be so helpful if anyone knows the past question!
Reply 59
Original post by Emilycscott__
I'm the same, I write 2 paragraphs and throw a sociologist or study into one of my points. I don't include A03 but I tend to just waffle in that last question

What would even count as AO3 for the 10 marker - LOL idk much, I've only done sociology for the last 7 months

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending